PDA

View Full Version : Google Pagerank update and Rankings

ZigE
12-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Aparently meant to be happening sometime in January.. however a few questions

1) Do google continually count backlinks during and apply it to there ranking algorithm,?

2) After a pagerank update is there big shift in google rankings?

3) Why do they only do it every 3 months?

Reason i'm asking, as i've been building links over the past month, and feel I have more pagerank points than my competitors. And only saw a very small change in my rankings, this past week.

Chris
12-22-2006, 08:30 PM
1. Yes, google is continually updating their PageRank rankings even though the toolbar is only updated quarterly.

2. Not always, the toolbar is updated to old data always, so it being updated doesn't usually coincide with a SERP update. Rather you'll see a serp update weeks before the toolbar update.

3. To keep webmasters from stressing out over it too much.

Vick!
12-23-2006, 04:39 PM
3. To keep webmasters from stressing out over it too much.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lolz.. thanks for making me laugh before sleeping.

good night people.

charlesgan
01-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Aparently meant to be happening sometime in January.. however a few questions

1) Do google continually count backlinks during and apply it to there ranking algorithm,?

2) After a pagerank update is there big shift in google rankings?

3) Why do they only do it every 3 months?

Reason i'm asking, as i've been building links over the past month, and feel I have more pagerank points than my competitors. And only saw a very small change in my rankings, this past week.

ya, i seeing the same patent at january as well. indeed my new website had moved from PR0 to PR3 this week. and ranked top above my competitor. what could be better. hope april will ranked more site :D