PDA

View Full Version : Giles is back in the house!

Giles
12-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm back. I used to be a semi-regular here. Anyway, I have been into web publishing since the start of the year (last years summer holidays). I have a had a good many sites over the years, most of them I have abandoned becuase they weren't much good. There we're a few silly one page webmaster tool ones and a badly done flash game site that got zero traffic as well as an nz forum. I slowly got rid of or broke these sites but I was still into the publishing game and so after reading some inspriational blogs I decided to make a new site. It was a basic photography articles site built on wordpress and it did quite well for a while. During July the site was earning 1-5 US dollars a day but that is now more like 0 - 0.5 dollars a day. This caused me to lose motivation, but meanwhile I had bought some hosting (I used to use free hosting) and created a new flash games site. Building the site taught me PHP and lots of web design skills that I didn't have before. I left both sites for quite some time. Adding abot and article a month to the photography site and a few games a week to the game site, as well as new pages and rss feeds, sitemaps etc. Anyway, the game sites traffic slowly increased but the revenue(azoogle ads) was almost nonexistant(not enough for a payout). So just a few days ago I put it back onto adsense (which I had tried before but hadn't been much good). Adsense has been much better and now I have had my first 7 dollar day in a long time. I am halfway to my second payout of adsense and motivated again. So, I'm back.

Oh yeah and I got banned from wickedfire a few days back. ;)