PDA

View Full Version : Promoting Affiliate - Best Way?

Vick!
12-21-2006, 07:06 PM
I want to promote an affiliate -- I also can have a co-brand website of that affiliate.

I want to target SE traffic, I have two options:

1) Create a new co-brand website and jump into SEO war with the hope to get good rank one day.

2) Buy tons of one-way links to my affiliate url with target anchor text.

Why I like method one is:
* It will give boost to my own domain name, My domain will have PR and whatever benifit there are in long run.

* I will be able to exchange links and might be able to add content and so.

Why I like method two is:

* Value of orignal domain (of affiliate, which is ranking quite good) will help my affiliate link to rise fast and easy.

Now, Please guide me which method I should try and invest with confidence?

Chris
12-21-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm a little confused as to what you're asking.

Do you, a merchant, want to help promote one of your affiliates?

Or are you an affiliate for a merchant and you want promotion device?

Or are you buying a affiliate site from another affiliate and want to know what to do when you take over?

I think the problem is, and I realize English is not your native language, that you're using the word "affiliate" wrong. An affiliate is a person. So when you say 'I want to promote an affiliate" you're saying "I want to promote a person." That is an odd thing to do so I'm thinking something is being lost in the translation.

Vick!
12-22-2006, 12:16 AM
yes, english is not my native language. And I think I used the word 'affiliate' in wrong sence.

I am an indvidual, and want to promote a product (or service) of someone else as affiliate. right?

Now the basic concern is, Which is better way if I want to rely on SE traffic.

Should I register new domain and try to get ranking? Or just get one way links to my tracking url provided by sponsor.

Which will get better and faster position in serps? My new website or existing website of my sponsor with my tracking id in it, if I get simillar number of backlinks to both.

Did I explained myself?

Cutter
12-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Definately have your own domain.

If you have your try to rank your tracking url the affiliate company can decide they don't like this and stop paying you. If you own your own domain maybe another company has an offer thats the same that will pay you more, and you can switch your links.

Chris
12-22-2006, 06:32 AM
Oh, yes, definitely have your own domain. No question. I would never even consider the other method.

Vick!
12-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Yes guys, but atleast in that particular industry its quite very hard to get my domain names ranked well.
Even in MSN.

What if the company allows me to do so? Should I go for it?

Thier orignal domain is already ranking well, but I am quite sure I can get many one-way links to my tracking URL and chances are it can rank better than orignal domain.

Someone else's tracking URL is ranked 37 on MSN with 7-8 backlinks -- I can get 1500+ backlinks .. so chances are my link will be ranked much higher.

So? what are suggestions now? Should still stick with my own domain name? Virtually assuming I can never rank well with my own domain. Isn't it worth asking company and try to get tracking url ranked?

Vick!
12-23-2006, 11:07 AM
And hey, in case i decide to use tracking url .. should I have written agreement with the company to make it secure? Is it possible i get my tracking url ranked well and they just kick me out and enjoy the free traffic?

And my core question is still there -- tracking url have more chances to rise fast and easy? right?

Vick!
12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
Chris?