PDA

View Full Version : Office Chair

Todd W
12-20-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm looking for a HIGHEND quality office chair and was refered to:

http://www.sit4less.com/aeronchairs/aeron_trueblack.php

Anyone have one? I've heard they are true quality and truly ergonomic....

Reports?

Dan Morgan
12-21-2006, 03:09 AM
Kinda freaky but I didn't even know what the chair I was sitting on was called and only recognized it when I clicked through.

I am not sure about it's ergonomic properties, but it is very comfy and super adjustable. I have it set so it leans back when I do but with resistance.

The material it is skinned with is like a net or web and very comfortable.

No issues with the quality - very heavy too.

Chris
12-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Heh... my chair was like $100, works fine for me. It was both the cheapest and the most comfortable at the store (was on clearance), so was a pretty easy decision. I'm big though too, 6'5, so I need a really high back and longer arm rests.

Cutter
12-21-2006, 10:18 AM
One of the first things I did when I decided to get serious about web publishing was buy a good chair. Mine is a pretty standard ergonomic chair; I think it cost about $270. The one I had before I could sit back straight and have my feet on the floor, anything more than 40 minutes of work and I started getting really uncomforable.

Todd W
12-21-2006, 02:10 PM
I've went to every office store, wal-mart, target and sat in chairs ranging from $100 to $400 and NONE were comfy. The chair I have now is about 5 or so years old and the seat is about flat from being used daily.

I wish there was a local place to try these chairs out they look like much higher quality, and TONS of adjustability.

Generalissimo
12-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I was going to buy one of those! But in the end I just got a standard...

KLB
12-21-2006, 08:50 PM
One of my friends dreams of having that chair. He is constantly trying to find some scheme to convince his company to buy him one.

Farmer77
12-22-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm looking for a HIGHEND quality office chair and was refered to:

http://www.sit4less.com/aeronchairs/aeron_trueblack.php

Anyone have one? I've heard they are true quality and truly ergonomic....

Reports?

I sat in that chair a couple of times at a Computer Lan center and it feels pretty good, but I don't know if it's worth that kind of money. You can get a two piece sofa for that amount. I bought a black leather chair from Staples online about 5 years ago and I have no problem with it.

Farmer77
12-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Heh... my chair was like $100, works fine for me. It was both the cheapest and the most comfortable at the store (was on clearance), so was a pretty easy decision. I'm big though too, 6'5, so I need a really high back and longer arm rests.

Oh crap, you're 6'5? I'm only 5'9. You make me feel like a midget. :bawling:

Todd W
12-25-2006, 12:13 AM
A quality sofa is going to cost several thousand not $900 ;)
And yes you can tell the difference atleast I can.

I just wish I could try tns of diff. chairs. the office X chairs suck imho.
I'm 5'9

BGray
12-26-2006, 05:25 AM
I'm sitting in one right now and I love it. Once you go to an Aeron you won't go back.

It took me two years to pull the trigger with that price tag but it is well worth it. We had some at an office job I worked that got me hooked.

I'm surprised none of the others here have one as much time as everyone spends sitting down.

Get it and don't look back!

Farmer77
12-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I can go for those back massage chairs like the I-Joy. I can sit in those things for hours.

Todd W
12-31-2006, 09:32 PM
I did some research and ppl who had used the Aeron and the Leap said the leap was SLIGHTLY better. (Multiple people said this, and also the reports coming back from users and scientific studys etc, leap it was)

So, without waiting anymore as I need to use my current chair now in another place I pulled the trigger and ordered the SteelCase Leap w/platinum base in blue.

Office Enviroments (http://www.office-environments.com/SeatingOnline/leap_chair.asp) had the best price + a 10% off coupon. Everyone (i could see) who sells them has free shipping too. Being in CA I had to pay tax though :( If I wouldn't have it would have been around $750 TOTAL shipped, take another $50 off if you get a normal black base not platinum.

I'm excited :)

Todd W
12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Oh and I'm also wondering if my AMEX will give me 5% off since it's an office supply company or if they only do that for office max/depot/etc... :) Would be AWESOME to save another $30 or so :)

Todd W
01-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Ok. 12-15 day lead time on a chair with a black base.
4-5 week lead time on a chair with a platinum or aluminum base :mad:

Guess I'll be sitten in this one for another month.

Xander
01-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Some lead times are crazy, guess they are very popular or the opposite as you have to wait for them to be made/imported? Sofa/couch suites here take about 21 weeks or something insane.

Todd W
01-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Some lead times are crazy, guess they are very popular or the opposite as you have to wait for them to be made/imported? Sofa/couch suites here take about 21 weeks or something insane.

Yeah, they're all custom made... tons of diff. options for the material for bototm, back, patterns, base, + about 10 other options.

I know ppl who've waited 21+ weeks for custom sofa/couch's too! Pretty crazy.

Todd W
01-27-2007, 02:47 PM
The chair arrived :)

Time to spend a week learning to use it and get it setup how I want :idea:

Chris
08-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Todd how'd it go... I need a new chair. I want one that is comfortable leaning forward, and one that has adjustable armrests so it can fit against my higher than normal desk.

Todd W
08-17-2008, 12:01 AM
Todd how'd it go... I need a new chair. I want one that is comfortable leaning forward, and one that has adjustable armrests so it can fit against my higher than normal desk.

Awesome :) Sitting in it now.

When I`m at the office in another chair (not cheap either) it still is nothing like this guy.

The arm rests are my favorite! Since they can go up and down, slide in and out (for wider shoulders or desk position) and they also angle toward and away. Also all the other controls are AWESOME too.

After 2 weeks of getting my chair my back problems went away too. Now I just have wrist problems :lol:

Well worth the 900 or whatever it was it cost, I would buy it for 5000 to keep the back problems away :)

-Todd

Chris
08-17-2008, 07:50 AM
alright... you've convicned me...

I'm thinking aobut ordering direct from steelcase.com - they have some in stock so no lead time. They also have an affiliate program and free shipping and if they approve my account thats 10% off...hehe... affiliate marketing has perks doesn't it? Then if I like it I can blog about it and use the affiliate link

Todd W
08-17-2008, 10:29 AM
alright... you've convicned me...

I'm thinking aobut ordering direct from steelcase.com - they have some in stock so no lead time. They also have an affiliate program and free shipping and if they approve my account thats 10% off...hehe... affiliate marketing has perks doesn't it? Then if I like it I can blog about it and use the affiliate link

Awesome.

FWIW:
I got mine from www.office-environments.com
$764.10 + Tax
My Options
CHAIR-LEAP,ADJ SEAT,UPH
PLASTIC :6249 PLATINUM SOLID
UPHLSTRY:5F06 SKY
OPTIONS * * OPTIONS * *
CASTERS *OPT:CASTERS
HARD CST STD:HARD CASTERS
ARMS *OPT:ARM OPTIONS LEAP
H/W/P/D STD:H/W/P/D ARMS
LUMB OPT *OPT:LUMBAR OPTION
LUMBAR STD:LUMBAR
SEAT HGT *OPT:BASE ASSY HEIGHT RANG
5" RANGE STD:5" PNEU SEAT HEIGHT

I believe you can make it cost more by changing the base material, and possible a few other things.

I`m not sure about where you live or you but I get hot really easily, so I put some sweatpants on the chair to sit on for extra soft/padding/airflow kind of like you do in a car seat. That's one thing you`ll notice is the chair itself is not "thick" like standard office chairs, it's thing, and conforms to you body. Also you`ll probably think why did it cost so much once you get it (or even now) after all it's a chair... heh, from what I read it's the research that goes into make these bad boys, and well worth it! I don't believe it cost more to make than a 300$ office-max chair. You just pay for the quality, warranty, research, and support. So, in the end WELL WORTH IT :)

Chris
08-17-2008, 01:34 PM
hmm... I think I should get the optional seat height additional thing... could make a difference with my height being able to do 22.5 instead of 20 inches.

Todd W
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
hmm... I think I should get the optional seat height additional thing... could make a difference with my height being able to do 22.5 instead of 20 inches.

True.

I got a 'foot stand' from some other website, it helps with the back relief too. It's falling apart though so I`ll be making my own one in the future.

Chris
08-26-2008, 07:56 AM
They rejected my affiliate application, but I thought what the hell? Why not try to become an authorized dealer? I'm sure they must drop ship, hence your lead time, and even if they don't, I could also do shipping arbitrage. Profits on those chairs have got to be atleast 3 figures per unit. Maybe as high as $300 or $400 per sale.

Chris
08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
... and ya...this is how I find things to sell online. Everything I purchase or plan to purchase I run through a "could I sell this?" filter.

Todd W
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Cool, let me know what you find out about the profit per-chair and becoming a dealer !

BGray
08-27-2008, 08:49 AM
I guess I need to check these out. I have 2 Aerons now and I can't imagine a better office chair.

Todd W
08-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I guess I need to check these out. I have 2 Aerons now and I can't imagine a better office chair.

Those are good too from what I read.