PDA

View Full Version : How come I'm not listed at all for this term?

Mike
12-21-2003, 08:56 AM
Hi all,

I just looked at google, and searched for "web templates". I made it so 100 results would appear at a page, and kept searching each page for www.templatestorm.com using the find feature on IE.

Now even though I've linked to my homepage using the anchor text "web templates" all the time, I'm still not listed under google,

Anyone know whats up?

Cheers,
Mike

chromate
12-21-2003, 10:47 AM
No idea. I would wait until the next big SERPs update (should be soon?) and then see if you can be found after that. Otherwise, I'm not really sure.

incka
12-21-2003, 10:49 AM
Same with free online games for me...

And word tracker said I had a 80,000 thingie when 400 was excellent and 10 was ok...

chromate
12-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Ignore the thingie! (Keyword Effectiveness Index) :) It's a terrible measure of the competition. Use your own skills instead by looking at the top ranking sites for your chosen keywords.

Are any of your subpages showing up?

s2kinteg916
12-21-2003, 02:42 PM
i recommend getting rid of tempalte storm in your title... and you need a meta description....also your text is duplicated twice welcoem to template storm one is in the image alt one is a heading...keep on going till your satisfied....

Mike
12-21-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by chromate
Ignore the thingie! (Keyword Effectiveness Index) :) It's a terrible measure of the competition. Use your own skills instead by looking at the top ranking sites for your chosen keywords.

Are any of your subpages showing up?

You talking to me?:)

If so, my subpages haven't even got PR anymore:) That could be why I'm not listed?

I bought a template to use, but when I try to edit it the whole thing breaks.

Kyle
12-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Google has been appyling some very weird tweaks to their algorithm. Lots of people are experiencing these kind of results... don't be alarmed.

ozgression
12-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Also, I imagine that "web templates" is a very competitive/popular term. I see alot of template sites targetting this term.

EDIT: Also, when I try to visit your site I get an "Internal Server Error".
________
justin bieber fans (http://justinbieberfan.info/)

Mike
12-22-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by ozgression
Also, I imagine that "web templates" is a very competitive/popular term. I see alot of template sites targetting this term.

EDIT: Also, when I try to visit your site I get an "Internal Server Error".

There are a lot targetting, but I recken I could get in the first page if I work hard.

About the internal error, I haven't a clue whats happening there. It's been like that since last night, I've emailed my host...

Mike

s2kinteg916
12-22-2003, 08:10 AM
most of the sites on the first page are pr6 and above... you be better off optimizing for another term....

chromate
12-22-2003, 12:22 PM
With the SERPs how they are now, it's really hard to work out what the competition really is. It's just not clear how and why a lot of sites rank as they do. For instance, there're sites in the top ten for "web templates" with way over 1000 backlinks and shed loads of PR and then there is a site with ony 47 backlinks, and not so much optimization, ranking above them.

I'm finding it so hard to make any predictions as to what's really happening. I think it's just better to wait for the next update and *hopefully* then we'll be able to get a clear picture of the competition / what keywords to target etc.

Mike
12-22-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by s2kinteg916
most of the sites on the first page are pr6 and above... you be better off optimizing for another term....

There aren't many other terms to be honest. Also, with cross-promotion I should do pretty well.

Really i'm not that bothered about it now, hopefully I can get some other sites launched and then go back to it.