PDA

View Full Version : Paid Vs Free

izwar
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
If you come up with an idea that has never been done before, and it is something that provides a service to people that allows them to make more money in their profession by using it is it something you can charge for.

My question is for a new site idea i have i was thinking about making it a pay site were u have to pay a fee to use it, versus the old fashion make everything free and make money off advertising. What does everone think on that issue

s2kinteg916
12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
depends if there is a need and if u can offer a better service... wordtracker is a great example...

Chris
12-13-2006, 06:20 AM
A good idea is to have two levels of service, a free basic level to entice and draw them in, and a paid level.

Also, it is easier to do this if it is a business service since the cost is tax deductible for the employer, or if it is just an employee, they may be able to get their employer to cover it, so they're more likely to sign up.

izwar
12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
the question then lies in how much do you limit them with the free portion of it. Do you do it so they can barely use the system or let them use the core parts of it just to a lesser degree then the paid. i dnno