PDA

View Full Version : New Site - Looking for feedback

cshireman
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Hello,
I have recently launched a new website that offers a keyword research package. I am currently looking for ways to improve the site to make it convert better. Any suggestions would be welcome, here is the site:

http://shireman.net

cameron
12-12-2006, 09:35 PM
1. Complete the rest of the page.
2. Redo your header graphic. It has jagged pixels on the edges. Look unprofessional.

izwar
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
to be honest i think you should go for a redesign lol.

cshireman
12-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have the budget for a professional re-design. I am a programmer and know HTML very well, I just don't know design. Can you recommend some guides, books, or other resources I can use to get this thing looking professional? Thanks in advance.

Chris
12-13-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't find the design that bad, but atleast a new logo would be good.

What exactly is your budget? Because you know you can get a nice new logo for just $100.

CDavid
12-18-2006, 04:59 AM
I don't think your website looks that bad.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Make your contact information (phone number is preferred) easy noticeable from the main page. I need proof you won't rip me off after signing up.

2. Work on your text's readability. Maybe use appropriate bold formatting, and reduce your paragraph's length. A good paragraph should never have more than 3 lines.

3. Work on your sales copy. I see a few benefits, yet I am not convinced you can really help me profile my niche market. Do you have testimonials you can share in your text?

Hope this helps, do not worry you are not that far!

Good luck!

David

lionhart321
01-01-2007, 11:21 PM
I don't find the design that bad, but atleast a new logo would be good.

What exactly is your budget? Because you know you can get a nice new logo for just $100.
Where? I would be interested in getting a custom logo for $100.

Xander
01-02-2007, 06:53 AM
Where? I would be interested in getting a custom logo for $100.

You can get one done at http://gfxcontests.com (run by one of the forum members here, KLB) or at Sitepoint forums.

lionhart321
01-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the reference. KLB's site looks good, I think I'll give it a try.

adm78
01-03-2007, 09:50 AM
The site looks decent. The design would be very easily implemented with good clean CSS tableless layout, but i see that you really haven't put much of the sites display elements in a style sheet. you should work on that aspect of it, in addition to re-exporting the images with smoother edges.