PDA

Westech
12-18-2003, 08:06 AM
I rented the first two Lord of the Rings movies this week to get ready to go see the new one. The only problem is that now every time I see Golem I expect him to start talking about page rank and affiliate programs!

Originaly posted by Golem
Yessss, Google is tricksey. They wants to steal my preciousss rankingss. We hates those dirty filthy Google spammerses! WE HATES THEM!

Mike
12-18-2003, 10:13 AM
lol:)

i'm trying to book to see the new one for next week. hope it's as good as the previous two.

michael_gersitz
12-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I have high expactations.

And I only read the first 2 books, so I have little knowledge what is going to happen.

Mike
12-19-2003, 10:09 AM
I haven't read any of the books, just watched the films:) Haven't a clue what's going to happen, but a friend has told me that the battle(s) are better than the ones in the last film, which imho were outstanding.

Westech
12-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I plan to see it this weekend. I can't wait!

Mike
12-19-2003, 11:38 AM
Date booked for Tuesday, 7pm:)

emke
12-19-2003, 04:05 PM
I just saw the movie. Don't know if it's me but when I left I kind of caught myself thinking I expected more.

The movie is great and you should definitely see it though. It might be that I need to see it a couple of more times... :)

Mike
12-19-2003, 04:27 PM
Perhaps you had too high expectations? I think many will to be honest...

How do the battles compare to the previous film (don't give too much away;))?

Mike

emke
12-19-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike
Perhaps you had too high expectations? I think many will to be honest...

How do the battles compare to the previous film (don't give too much away;))?

Mike

I would think so too. At least I wasn't dissapointed like with Matrix Revolutions so that's gotta count for something probably.

The battles are truly awesome and the movie has a much darker tone overall which I think they did a good job with. There are a lor of "sentimental" scenes and a guy sitting next to me was crying through most of the end of the movie which was really annoying.

Chris
12-19-2003, 08:20 PM
I thought the movie was excellent, it was truer to the books than the other two.

The battle scenes were great, but it seemed skipped over a little too much. I'm guessing that they had to cut out alot of the battle to get the running time down. I expect the extended edition DVD should rectify this.

incka
12-20-2003, 02:20 AM
LOL...

I always think of Chris when I see Golum...

incka
07-22-2004, 03:05 AM
I'm restarting an old thread I killed (again) because a few days ago I started reading the books. The first chapter seems very true to the film, with only minor differences. Is the rest of the book so similar to the film or did the filmmakers change alot of it?

Chris
07-22-2004, 06:37 AM
There is a whole section in the first book which thankfully is not in the films. Its in the old forest with tom bombadil.