PDA

View Full Version : People Pay to Link to You?

Chris
12-09-2006, 06:55 AM
Heh...

My laser hair removal site makes some decent money, but it isn't ranked very well in search engines, like around 22 or something for "Laser Hair Removal" that is good for 1 unique per day.

I am always getting businesses contacting me about listings in the provider directory though.

So I decided to make this system (http://www.4laserhairremoval.com/business.php) where rather than charge for upgrades, I simply solicit incoming links and grant them points for each visitor they refer. Points being ways for them to feature their listing more.

If the businesses bite, I'll gain a bevy of targeted incoming links. Hopefully pushing me to the top of the results, and making it even more important for businesses to have good listings on my site. It'll almost be viral.

The funny thing is, one of them emailed me back today asking if it was free or not. He was willing to pay to be enrolled in the system.

roseau
12-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Actually this is a great idea - I know a wedding site that has done this for years and TONS of wedding related vendors flock to the site and really promote the site to get to the top. I see their banners all over in prominent spots on sites so it must have helped them tremendously over the years.

guruwebllc
12-13-2006, 10:43 AM
yeah if your link is valuable, there are a lot of people out there that would be willing to pay to advertise.

Vick!
12-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Heh...

My laser hair removal site makes some decent money, but it isn't ranked very well in search engines, like around 22 or something for "Laser Hair Removal" that is good for 1 unique per day.

I am always getting businesses contacting me about listings in the provider directory though.

So I decided to make this system (http://www.4laserhairremoval.com/business.php) where rather than charge for upgrades, I simply solicit incoming links and grant them points for each visitor they refer. Points being ways for them to feature their listing more.

If the businesses bite, I'll gain a bevy of targeted incoming links. Hopefully pushing me to the top of the results, and making it even more important for businesses to have good listings on my site. It'll almost be viral.

The funny thing is, one of them emailed me back today asking if it was free or not. He was willing to pay to be enrolled in the system.

YOOUU Chris :rage:

It was my idea for my upcoming PR6 directory :alien: -- I will be launching it within some days.

PS: and by the way what is the reason behind using '4 Laser Hair Removal' while providing people linking code? Why is this '4', if you were hoping for possible push toward top?

Chris
12-23-2006, 07:07 PM
Because "Laser Hair Removal" was taken. 4 is just slang for "For" it gets to the top alphabetically, and it makes the domain unique by adding only 1 "noise" character.

Vick!
12-24-2006, 09:46 AM
Because "Laser Hair Removal" was taken. 4 is just slang for "For" it gets to the top alphabetically, and it makes the domain unique by adding only 1 "noise" character.

No, I was not talking about domain name, I was asking about the anchor text you are giving in the code to people to link to you.