PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell or develop?

KELOMAN
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone,
I have been messing around with web design for years, but haven't really attempted to sell/develop multiple domain names until now. What do you think I should do with www.djtales.com? Do you think it might be worth something by selling it outright, or should I try to develop it and make a little money with Adsense?

Next question, what would be the best direction to take with djtales.com? I was thinking of making it a forum, possibly a blog, or maybe a site with bios of the top 100 or so DJ's in the world.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cloughie
12-09-2006, 03:17 AM
Well, the website is currently promoting your own dj services right? I assume aimed at a local market?

If thats the case, I can't really see it being successful with the other content you are planning to put on it.

Why not build an entirely seperate site which focuses purely on stuff like dj bio's, reviews, forums etc and then link to your site and keep your site a local one advertising your dj business?

Chris
12-09-2006, 07:00 AM
You don't need to focus on one type of content either, you can make a site that includes all you have mentioned.

KELOMAN
12-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I had planned on building an entirely different site. I just set up the address to redirect to my dj business site for the time being. So, do you think there is some revenue potential for djtales.com?

EBelmontinc
01-26-2007, 10:58 AM
If I Were You I would Turn Into A Directorie Of Everything That Has To Do With Dj's And A Forum Area For Dj's To Meet 1 another!!!

Chris
01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
Dude... you gotta not capitalize every word.