PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop and RAM

paul
12-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Can photoshop running on a windows XP Pro system effectively use more than 2 gigs of memory? I see references to only partial use of the second 2 gigs.

Thanks,
Paul

KLB
12-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I can't imagine why you would want to allow Photoshop to use two gigs of memory. If you have that much RAM, my advice would be only allow Photoshop to use a portion of that memory. I personally don't let Photoshop to have much more than 600-700 mb of the 1.5 gigs of RAM I have.

shyampc
06-13-2007, 06:16 AM
It may be due to the size and resolution of the image that more RAM is needed. But, I don't think that use of 2 gigs of memory is not an everytime requirement or maybe he is working on such projects.

mbdigital89
07-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Well I had made a poster for a company on A2 size and while working on it, it took nearly 3 gigs of memory))) Try CS3, it's more economical.

shyampc
09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
I have also noticed that Photoshop CS uses much memory for operations. It takes much time to load, and after doing some operations, it is really slow. Can anyone sort the problem?

morphedparadox
09-07-2007, 01:44 AM
I have also noticed that Photoshop CS uses much memory for operations. It takes much time to load, and after doing some operations, it is really slow. Can anyone sort the problem?

Use Teh GIMP ;).

Nar, seriously, photoshop needs all that ram to store its bundles of awesomeness. Think of it like trying to keep Chuck Norris in a pizza box :D