PDA

View Full Version : Link Units

izwar
11-26-2006, 11:58 AM
how are the CTR's on link units, im hesitant to try them out over a normal leaderboard. Any ones experience with link units please?

KelliShaver
11-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Personally, I've found the CTR to be pretty good. Again, like everything else, I think a lot of it depends on positioning and integration with the rest of the site. The pay-out compared to other adsense ads on the site was, however, much lower.

Chris
11-26-2006, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't sandwich them with a leaderboard but place them elsewhere on the site. If you put two ads close together neither will perform as well because one can distract from the other.

Todd W
11-26-2006, 06:36 PM
They work great in forums near the breadcumb navigation :)

KLB
11-30-2006, 02:58 PM
I buried my link units near the bottom of my right side menu (immediately beneath a banner ad) and even given this handicap they were doing surprisingly well. I just rearranged my side menu a little to give the link ads a little more respect to see if I can make them preform better.

I only put link units on my site because it didn't hurt to try and I hate leaving money at the table, I didn't really expect them to generate much money.

My advice is to give them a try. After all, what do you have to lose other than a little time?

guruwebllc
12-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I think it's best when you blend it in with your content.

Giles
12-22-2006, 07:38 PM
Try and make them look like navigation. See my photography site for an example.

in my siggy \/