PDA

View Full Version : Strange Internet problem

Mike
12-16-2003, 11:29 AM
I got my new computer yesterday, so installed my ISDN line and Freeserve on. Well, I thought I did anyway.

Everything works fine, but I'm worried about the fact that the top part of the window says Tiscali 10.0 on it. Now I didn't sign up to them or anything, but want to make sure that I am using Freeserve and not paying for Tiscali.

Is there anyway for sure I can check this?

Thanks,
Mike

Mike
12-16-2003, 11:37 AM
Perhaps I should ask, does anyone know if the two companies are joint in anyway? Or Tiscali have a contract or something with Dell.

The number I'm dialing is freeserve for definate, after looking at there website.

incka
12-16-2003, 11:56 AM
Im confused...

Is it the top bar in IE?

MarkB
12-16-2003, 02:49 PM
Did you install any software when you installed your modem? Maybe it installed a Tiscalli-branded IE.

MarkB
12-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Or 'Tiscali' :p

Mike
12-17-2003, 09:28 AM
A friend has just told me that they have something to do with IE, so I think that could be the problem.

Thanks for the responses.

lo0ol
12-17-2003, 02:37 PM
This "Tiscali" probably just modified your IE title bar. AOL and other ISPs sometimes do the same. I know you can go into some file and change it, I just can't remember how. Might want to Google that. (I changed my IE to say "Zachernet Explorer", since my name is Zach. Whew, I am so clever.)

Mike
12-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks lo0ol:)

Searched on google and found that if you do the following you can change it...

Start > Run > Type in Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > Internet Explorer > Main > Window Title

Window Title was called 'Tiscali 10.0', so Dell must have some type of deal with them. I know a Tiscali internet CD came with everything...

Anyway, thanks against lo0ol:)