PDA

View Full Version : Virtual pet site, need money-making ideas

Shockt
11-23-2006, 03:49 AM
So, I think I've found something that hasn't been over-done and an audience that hasn't been over-explored. The best topic to put this project in is "virtual pet site." I expect to recieve a lot of traffic and grow very quickly, just as my first "test" project/pre-release did.

The problem is...I don't have anything to sell. I will probably start off with some ads on the pages but I am sure my CTR will be fairly low. What can I market or sell to make me money with this topic?

Nick_s
11-23-2006, 04:57 AM
You could promote games like The Sims 2: Pets, Black & White 1&2 (god like game, where you nurture a creature).

Shockt
11-23-2006, 01:45 PM
I was actually thinking of offering affiliate sign ups in exchange for virtual money and get paid per lead... in addition to ads around the site.

And if it ever gets really popular, perhaps I'll sell shirts and plushies modeled after the virtual pets.

Giles
12-22-2006, 07:36 PM
CPM related to games and stuff. I remember a company called CPMSTAR that did that. If you use CPM you should build the site to maximise pageviews.

Otherwise the usual affiliate ringtones might work. Or just good old adsense (which I always seem to end up using).

shawn72lee
01-03-2007, 07:01 PM
So, I think I've found something that hasn't been over-done and an audience that hasn't been over-explored. The best topic to put this project in is "virtual pet site." I expect to recieve a lot of traffic and grow very quickly, just as my first "test" project/pre-release did.

The problem is...I don't have anything to sell. I will probably start off with some ads on the pages but I am sure my CTR will be fairly low. What can I market or sell to make me money with this topic?

i totally agree with ur idea about virtual pet site. can we talk in detail?
my msn is lee_sh_ca@hotmail.com

thanks

izwar
01-04-2007, 05:05 PM
i dont understand the concept so i cant give input.