PDA

View Full Version : SEO question about Title tags

Farmer77
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Let's say for example I have a website whose main keyword is kitchenware Supplies.
So of course the title tag would be "Kitchenware supplies". Simple enough.

But let's say that I have subcategories, and one of them is on Forks.

Do I name all the title pages of that category:

Kitchenware Supplies - Forks

or

Forks - Kitchenware Supplies

Which one is better for SEO purposes?

izwar
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
i would change every page to copmletely different titles, but relevant to the actual product you are selling, so dont repeat it every time

s2kinteg916
11-05-2006, 11:01 PM
your page title on those other pages arent going to help much...

tehre is a bigger benefit from ... from incoming links with anchor text...

rather than forks u might as well

Blue Forks All Size Here Blah that way you hit a couple other phrases while yoru at it ..

Chris
11-06-2006, 06:48 AM
The Title tag is the #1 most important on-page factor for SEO.

The 2nd one is better, it lists the most important keyword first.

The other thing you want to worry about is clickability, because once you do get ranked that is what actually gets you traffic. So after your keywords you may want to include a call to action or some other enticement (click here) or (low prices) or something.

s2kinteg916
11-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Sorry i was nclear the page title is most important but having Kitchenware Supplies on subpage titles doesnt have much benefit ... to rank for "Kitchenware Supplies"

rohoni
11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Google seems to give weight to the title of your page. By title, I mean the text that is sandwiched between the HTML <TITLE> tags in the <HEAD> section of your web page. If you use a Web editor that automatically inserts a title like "New Page", remember to change it to some meaningful text with your keywords inside to reap the benefit of this feature.