PDA

View Full Version : Random Observation

Doug
11-02-2006, 02:04 PM
So I go to college at Central Michigan University, right in the middle of the Mitten in case the name didn't give it away. Today was one of the first halfway cold days, don't think it got above 32 degrees. Anyway, I noticed some funny things. You can tell the people who have lived in Michigan, Wisconson, Minnesota, and other close by states their whole life. The way you can tell this is we are still sporting hooded sweatshirts in weather like this. Now, lets look at the people from the middle USA, namely freshmen experiencing Michigan for the first time. You can tell them by their heavy winter coats which may or may not have a hood up. Now lets move on to the southern states. You can really tell these individuals. They're the ones with the huge coats, hoods, gloves, face masks, and even boots, yes I saw a few today.

This is why I'm glad I've lived here my whole life, this weather is only a little chilly to me. I laugh inside when I think of the people who are going to experience a Michigan winter for the first time. Especially the ones who have never seen snow.

Johnny Gulag
11-02-2006, 04:00 PM
Ha Ha, I bet, I live in Texas and if I came up there I would be cold as heck! On the other hand, come to Texas and meet the Summer. :p

paul
11-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I remember when I was in college in Iowa many years ago the girls were allowed to wear slacks to class if it was 13 below zero.

Doug
11-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Yea, I start busting out the T-shirts when it's 50 degrees, I bet Texas would make me sweat a little in the summer.

I remember when I was in college in Iowa many years ago the girls were allowed to wear slacks to class if it was 13 below zero.

That's a little hardcore.

AmbulanceBlues
11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
I've lived on the Texas coast my entire life and I still hate how hot it is here. Every summer I avoid the outdoors like the plague. I'm not the only one. Most people around here become agoraphobic during the 4-6 months a year when we have 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity the entire day.

I've been to Vegas in the summer and it's got nothing on Galveston Island for oppressive weather.

paul
11-09-2006, 01:19 PM
I read once that John Connely was the first politician to notice the coming of air conditioning was changing the political demographic in Texas because for the first time people who were not born there would actually consider moving.

Todd W
11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
I've lived on the Texas coast my entire life and I still hate how hot it is here. Every summer I avoid the outdoors like the plague. I'm not the only one. Most people around here become agoraphobic during the 4-6 months a year when we have 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity the entire day.

I've been to Vegas in the summer and it's got nothing on Galveston Island for oppressive weather.

I disagree :lol: I'd take Galveston Island over Vegas(not for living but for heat).... walk a mile in galveston and you may be covered in sweat becauses its 100* and 100% humidity. Walk a mile in the desert around vegas where its 120+ 0% humidity and you'll be ready to pass-out and die.!!! It routinely gets over 100 here where Ilive in summer and it's deathly to do ANYTHING outside. Atleast when it's humid you get a little cooler.

bbolte
11-09-2006, 07:39 PM
i'm in kansas and i've seen parkas and gloves already here as well. and it was maybe in the 30-40's.