PDA

View Full Version : Meta tags ? new site ? later on ?

s2kinteg916
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
would it be a good idea to script meta tag and descriptions till later on after the site is indexed ? I mean if your inputting over 300 pages of content writing a meta tag and keywords list for each page is just time consuming. Seems as long as u have a unique title and page content it can hold u over till u have time to go back and refine ?

I know alot of sites that dont even bother with it ? whats your take ?

KLB
10-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't think it matters too much as most search engines don't put much weight on meta tags any more.

Mike
10-29-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm guessing it could make a difference to the very (and I mean the little PHP ones etc :)) small engines, but really I don't think its worth it.

Chris
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM
The title is the important thing, the meta tags can be left off or put off until later. You might consider simply repeating the title in the meta description though. Also you could automatically parse out keywords for the keywords if your site is dynamic.

Kyle
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
It might be worth it if you're in some unique niche where every visitor counts. Even if the meta tags only help with your rankings on MSN, it could be worth it.