PDA

View Full Version : How many email accounts do u have ?

s2kinteg916
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
How many email accounts do u have ?

In a effort to be alot more organized i think ima start consolidating some of my emails...

Mike
10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
I used to have far too many, like one for each site. Now I only have a few, most just go to the same one.

KLB
10-23-2006, 02:56 PM
As many as I want, as I control my own domains and can set up email accounts at will. Normally I keep one primary account and then use a lot of feeder email aliases, which feed to the primary account. This helps organize my email.

Chris
10-23-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm like Ken.

KelliShaver
10-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Same here. Most of my sites use forwarders to forward to one primary account. I have one other one that I use regularly as well, but that's for a different business entirely, so it makes sense to keep those seperate.

So in answer to your question, 2.

Westech
10-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I have contact email addresses for all of my sites on their own domain (some have several different contacts at the domain). The ones that are supposed to go to me are mostly forwarded to a single email address, and I use Thunderbird to allow me to make each reply look like it's coming from the appropriate address.

I do keep some of them separate in their own accounts when it makes sense to keep email to those accounts organized separately from the rest.

I also still have an old Hotmail account that I've had for years. I mostly only use it to sign up for forums and companies that I don't trust not to spam me.

Todd W
10-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Same as Ken.

I use forwarders.

I also use GMAIL for some stuff.

deronsizemore
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM
when I get my sites up and going I'm going to use forwarders to a "main business account" I'll still use Gmail for personal type stuff though.

Skeewe
10-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I have few accounts on my website domain and all of them feed one of course.
I also have one Hotmail account which I use as a spam collector. I use that one when I am required to provide my email adress on sites where I suspect a lot spam will come from. It is proven to be good strategy :)

Xander
10-24-2006, 06:27 AM
I have 3 main ones and a yahoo account for sites I don't trust/etc. I then have a few forwarding accounts but I don't use them much. The 3 main ones are one for general use, one purely for friends and family and the third for a particular site. They are all checked through webmail, don't use Outlook/Thunderbird/etc.

demosfen
10-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Another vote for the Ken technique

Cutter
10-24-2006, 09:26 AM
somewhere between 50 and 60 right now. A feeder email would be a mistake in my case.

KLB
10-24-2006, 10:37 AM
I use Pegasus Mail as my email client that has really powerful mail filtering abilties. all of my email is color coded and sorted based on the to address. Also I have multiple "identities" set up so that when I am replying to an email all I need to do is use the identity drop down to change which email address, sig, etc. is used for the message.