PDA

View Full Version : searchfeed earnings way down - prob w/results

roseau
10-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello All

First time I posted here but know most of you from sitepoint.

I have used Searchfeed on my sites for many years - I signed up in the beginning when they first started. I was always content with my earnings as
the results were on topic and helpful to my user base.

But in the last 9 months or even a year, my earnings have dropped so low that it is not even worth the work I do to optimize my keywords, check stats, etc.

It seems that now, all of my sites, no matter what topic, only produce what I call "garbage results". They are monopolized by links from lycos, ebay, and different price comparison websites.

NONE of the results match anything close to my subject matter. Subsequently, the results are now of no value to my users and of course I am
using valuable space for nothing - no earnings.

Has anyone else noticed this trend or does anyone experience the same difficulty.

thx for your time and any imput you may provide.

Chris
10-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Yes, I've experienced the same thing. I used to make $1500 a month with them, now I just got a check for $180, with absolutely 0 changes on my end.

Their keyword bids have just plummeted.

I am actively searching for a replacement, but every other place I've checked has the same crappy performance (keyword bids of like 3 cents).

Cutter
10-14-2006, 04:40 PM
Interesting. I believe SearchFeed uses the auction system as opposed to the revenue X clicks like Google does. So you are saying that the bids themselves have dropped, what about clicks?

Chris
10-14-2006, 05:20 PM
clicks have been fairly constant.

renepaley
10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
I first time post here too:) if searchfeed could not do well for you why did not change a feed offerer? i think overture or findwhat are better than searchfeed

Chris
10-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Overture doesn't exist anymore and YSM/YPN doesn't allow the same type of integration, findwhat for me has the same crappy rates.

roseau
10-15-2006, 04:04 PM
"Their keyword bids have just plummeted. "

YES, this is the case - every bid is for 3 cents - I actually thought their system had changed and I didn't know about it bc I couldn;t understand every bid for any topic being only 3 cents.

too bad bc this was a nice addition to my sites..........

Cutter
10-17-2006, 03:20 AM
No way bids are 3 cents, I was buying traffic from searchfeed last month, some stuff is 40 cents plus. Sounds like they got greedy and wanted a bigger cut. The result is going to be any legit traffic sources will say so long.

webmoney
11-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I have the same problem... I am using them because I am integrating the feed into my bid search engine... If there would something more interesting post it here.
Most of the bids are around 3c and not relevant.