PDA

View Full Version : Future of YPN

izwar
10-09-2006, 08:35 PM
is YPN going to improve or change in the future or soon, like improve their targetting to adsense level and have their own geo targetting? i beleive with those 2 things fixed they would be soem serious competition for adsense

Kyle
10-09-2006, 09:32 PM
They need to stop allowing people to deliver any ads they want. Like the free flash game sites showing insurance and lawyer ads to people.

Maybe Yahoo already stopped this?

chromate
10-10-2006, 04:40 AM
I just wish they would go international so I could give them a go.

Chris
10-10-2006, 05:45 AM
They certainly have been in beta an awfully long time.

roseau
10-15-2006, 04:09 PM
I wish they would go international,too - weird thing was in the beginning when they started, I received an email for one of my sites asking me to apply to the program but nothing ever came of it bc I am outside of the US.

chromate
10-16-2006, 04:19 AM
Yeah, I had a couple of emails from them too. Seems kind of silly.

Oh well. It has to come out of Beta soon, surely. But then I was expecting it to come out of beta Q1 this year. <shrug>

KelliShaver
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
They need to stop allowing people to deliver any ads they want. Like the free flash game sites showing insurance and lawyer ads to people.

Maybe Yahoo already stopped this?

From my experience with YPN, that's not a feature of allowing anyone to serve whatever ads they want, it's an inability to properly target ads, either due to low ad inventory or the program just generally sucking and not picking up on yoru keywords properly.

Skeewe
10-23-2006, 02:09 AM
I certynly hope YPN will go internationally as well as MSN ads. Nothing can make things significantly better like good market competition.

Westech
10-23-2006, 08:17 AM
I keep thinking that they'll get YPN straightened out sooner or later, but it's been over a year and they're still a mess. It does seem that their targetting has improved a little lately though. If you doubt this, check out all of the recent forum posts from people with low quality myspace and game sites complaining about their YPN rates dropping. This is a good thing for advertisers and so for YPN as a whole.

Yahoo as a company is in a position to do great if they can just stop screwing things up at every turn. Their stock is down from $43 at the start of the year to around $23 now. If you think they can get their act together then this is probably a great time to buy Yahoo. I'm still considering. Watching them over the last year hasn't given me much faith.

izwar
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
yea they can be great i dont understand what their problem is just implement better targetting to adsense level and geo targetting and right their they are competitng with adsense diretly i just dont get it.

GeorgeB
10-27-2006, 06:34 AM
I keep thinking that they'll get YPN straightened out sooner or later, but it's been over a year and they're still a mess. It does seem that their targetting has improved a little lately though. If you doubt this, check out all of the recent forum posts from people with low quality myspace and game sites complaining about their YPN rates dropping. This is a good thing for advertisers and so for YPN as a whole.

Yahoo as a company is in a position to do great if they can just stop screwing things up at every turn. Their stock is down from $43 at the start of the year to around $23 now. If you think they can get their act together then this is probably a great time to buy Yahoo. I'm still considering. Watching them over the last year hasn't given me much faith.
Their stock plummeting is more about the news of Google's continued success and constantly launchign new products than their own issues. Add in the fact that MSN is still a viable competitior you've got bad news for their share holders.

Westech
10-27-2006, 08:33 AM
It's partially due to their own issues. Their earnings are in the toilet.

KLB
10-27-2006, 11:36 AM
The only blame Google holds for Yahoos stock problems is that Google is showing Yahoo shareholders and prospective shareholders how things should be done. Yahoo has become all marketing and little substance or innovation.

Yahoo really needs to wrap up their YPN development and open it up to a broader market. WWW stands for "world wide web" not "United States Web". Unless YPN is opened up to international advertisers, traffic and websites, they are not going to be able to really expand YPN's market share and profits.

There is a lot of potential for YPN, but I don't see much of a future for it unless Yahoo really does something to realize that potential.