PDA

View Full Version : New website. Promotion. Where to start ?

number7
10-05-2006, 02:36 AM
Hello everyone,

Recently I have finished a website and now I have a general question. How to start promote it ? I have submitted it to SE, made SE friendly already. I know a number of methods of website promotion like link exchange, PPC, directories, newsletters, etc. I'm sure these methods works right. But which method is the best for a brand new start ? Should I use paid methods or free? Or should I use a complex of them? How do you start with your new website promotion ? I'll highly appreciate if you share your experience with me. Thank you.

Chris
10-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Firstly make sure your content is good and complete and that your website is as good and appealing as you can make it. If it is not then you will have a hard time doing what you need to do.

And what do you need to do? Link building. You need to get links to your website from other websites. Putting it in your signature here is one way, another way is to post real comments (http://www.webpublishingblog.com/whitehat-comment-spamming.htm) on blogs. Then you'll want to submit to directories and scour Google for other places (http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/increase-link-pop/) to submit your site.

Todd W
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Just like Chris's blog I would suggest DMOZ, and Yahoo directory submissions.

Dmoz is free and yahoo is cheap/costly depending on your budget.

number7
10-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Thank you for your replies. I have worked hard and still working on website's content and SEO to make it the best. But is directory submissions or blog comments all that I can do ? I suppose there are some other methods than sitting and waiting until SE will index you or directories get approved... What is your experience with PPC ? How do you started your website promotion ?

Chris
10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Unfortunately there really is no fast road for this. It takes time. But if you work at it for a couple years you can make good money.

number7
10-06-2006, 03:06 AM
Yes Chris, I 100% agree with you. I know I should work constantly to make it the best for a several years, but it's about website, not about it's promotion. Is somewhere a good checklist how should I promote my website for example:

1. Make / Improve your content constantly.
2. Make SE friendly.
3. Submit to search engines.
4. Submit to directories.
5. Make a 1 month campaign on PPC,
6. Submit to high traffic paid directories.
7. Write articles and submit it to related websites.
8. etc. etc. etc... :)

???

mails
10-11-2006, 05:11 AM
There are many ways of how to promote your website for free, start there! You can write articles and submit them to directories (again free), you can write a press release, you can use signature at high-trafficked forums like this one :)

Also you can post your comments to related blogs, you can eventually build free blogger blogs with links to your new site - again build a relevant blog with real information (it can be a little post or article related to your main website).

You can also join various discussion forums & groups at Google, Yahoo, etc. and you can use the power of now hot social bookmarking websites. :smash:

Marian

number7
10-11-2006, 06:36 AM
and you can use the power of now hot social bookmarking websites.

And what are these ?

mails
10-11-2006, 07:41 AM
Here's the explanation. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_software) Hope it helps.

number7
10-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Thank's mails. Greate explanation!