PDA

View Full Version : The Google ban

dolphin
12-10-2003, 05:56 AM
Like alot of people I've been ban for some keywords after the recent Florida update.

Im still trying to work out ways in which I can get this ban lifted for my keywords.

Some things I can conclude from looking at the top sites is that.

- Its not from having too much of the "keyword" in the content
- Its not from have keyworded domains
- Its not from having keywords in the title or <h1> tags

My site does not have too much keyword in the content, title, <h1> tags etc etc etc

So the only conclusion I can come up with is linking problems. This site is being linked on every single page of my other websites. And apart from links from my own site or sites that shares the same hosting with me, I don;t have any other site linking to me. The question is, can this be the problem? Linking to your own sites? Is it possible for google to even detect this ??

Thanks guys

Cheers

Dolphin

chromate
12-10-2003, 06:36 AM
I don't think it's a problem linking to your own sites. However, if great amounts of links come from the same place then this can cause problems.

I remember Chris trying to optimize a site for the term "web hosting" (I think?) and expecting it to beat all the other sites because he had immense "page rank power" from all his other sites. He got the PR alright, but didn't get the position he wanted in the SERPs. I think this was because most of his PR came from only a select few sites or something.

I think it's good to have varied sources for obtaining your PR. But I really don't think it's enough to be dropped from the SERPs as far as Florida goes.

dolphin
12-10-2003, 06:48 AM
Thanks Chromate

Hmmmm, if thats not the case then I have absolutely no idea what it can be??

My site is a PR 6 site, the subpages are also PR 6. My site is an Australian site. One thing I noted is that when I typed in "site:au" after my keyword, this seems to lift the filter and Im on the SERPS once more.

I would like to know anyone who is listed highly on "filtered terms" with a high percentage backlinks from their own site listed highly because really I cannot figure what may be causing this !!!

Thanks all

Dolphin

Chris
12-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Actually in the webhosting case all the PR came from one site and even though the IPs were different I believe Google has a filter of some sort to prevent someone from getting massive amounts of PR (a 7 to be exact) from a single site (really from a couple pages).

dolphin
12-10-2003, 08:44 AM
So Chris

Do you believe that this could be the case at the moment? Google banning sites that are linking their own sites? As mentioned this is the only thing I can really think of, all other arguments can be countered argued.

If there someone that is listed highly on banned kw from linkings from just their own site, I want to know!

Thanks

Dolphin

bugsy
12-10-2003, 03:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Google is taking the IP of backlinked sites into consideration now. A lot of the spam "replicators" -- that register a gazillion domains and replicate the content with a little design change are usually hosted on the same ip address.

ozgression
12-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by dolphin
My site is a PR 6 site, the subpages are also PR 6. My site is an Australian site.

If you give us the URL we may be able to "guess" what may have cause your drop from google.

cheers...
________
easy vape review (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/easy-vape)