PDA

View Full Version : domain name help

izwar
09-29-2006, 07:15 PM
hello, i have hotclubber.com as my main website, but i also have hotclubbers.com redirected to hotclubber.com

i have not started any seo what so ever but i am going to start very shortly my question is that i like how hotclubber sounds over the plural version how ever the actual word Clubbers is searced a few thousand times a month, would having hotclubbers benefit me greatly to rank for Clubbers since its in the domain versus having Hotclubber and still ranking for clubbers if i optmize it in my title?

KLB
09-29-2006, 08:39 PM
personally I like HotClubbers better.

s2kinteg916
09-29-2006, 11:14 PM
having the s doesnt effect much ranking . I prefer hotclubber.com ...

Kyle
09-30-2006, 08:12 AM
It would benefit you in the long run to call your site "Hot Clubbers". Make sure you would include the [space].

If your site was called "Hot Clubbers", then in time, natural incoming links from other sites would probably use "hot clubbers" as the anchor text. Ideally then, in time, you would begin ranking on search engines for the term "clubbers".

However, I agree with s2kinteg916 that "hot clubber dot com" sounds better when saying it out loud than "hot clubbers dot com".

Also consider that the number of people who search on "clubbers" really isnt that significant. I'm sure you would rank #1 in time on both "clubber" and "clubbers" in time regardless of what you call your site.

Kyle

Kyle
09-30-2006, 08:15 AM
izwar- On a side note, I wanted to comment that your site always takes a long time to load.

Even after I've loaded it once, then hit refresh (after I have a cache of the site), it takes a VERY long time to load. Like over 30 seconds.

My download speed is 4mbps.

izwar
09-30-2006, 10:02 AM
Thank you, i will keep hotclubber.com,

and yea im def aware of the laoding time im doing a complete redesign in every way shape and form that is why im preparing my SEO strategies now. Ill let everyone know wen new site is up.

Also shoudl i wait till new site is up b4 starting link building or can i get started now?

KelliShaver
09-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Personally, I think I would wait simply because of the loading time issue (23.78 seconds here, on DSL). I think you're more likely to be successful with your link building. In my head, if people can actually get to your site in a timely manner and it's a nice user experience, they're more likely to link to you.

That said, if you're going to do any directory listings or the like those could probably be done now.

Kyle
09-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Just wait... dont do any link building until your design is perfect and loading better.

Just not worth spreading the word when the site is as broken as it is. You don't want to be denied from certain directories that would definitely accept you with a normal loading site.