PDA

View Full Version : Way to turn off the conversation style in Gmail?

deronsizemore
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm not real fond of how it will display messages in your inbox with a (3) or whatever beside it and when you click on the message it shows you the original, your reply and their reply all in one.

I've looked but can't find out how to turn it off or if it's possible

Todd W
09-27-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm not real fond of how ALL your damn e-mails are in 1 folder.
I don't care about lables I WANT folders!!!

Sorry had to rant.

Johnny Gulag
09-27-2006, 10:36 PM

Sorry had to rant. Labels can be used pretty much the same way as folders, plus you can put the same email under multiple labels, unlesss I am just missing your point.

Blue Cat Buxton
09-28-2006, 04:04 AM
Deron

There is a link at the bottom - Google Mail View: with optins standar with chat, standard without chat and basic HTML.

deronsizemore
09-28-2006, 04:49 AM

Sorry had to rant.

Yeah they are just like folders. Just make a new label, assign an email to one of the labels and then click "archive" and then the ones you've given labels, will go under those labels and not in the inbox. So it's like folders. You can then filter messages to go to labels automatically from there I think.

Deron

There is a link at the bottom - Google Mail View: with optins standar with chat, standard without chat and basic HTML.

Thanks, but that feature if for something different than I'm talking about. That if I make it the standard without chat, it just removes the chat box on the left navigation menu (the one where you can chat with other gmail members when they are online). I'm just talking about how the messages are in the inbox when you've either got two emails from the same person, or have one email received and then you've replied. Instead of having one email in the inbox and one in the sent folder, I've got one link in my inbox that says it's from "Persons Name, Me (2)" signifiying that I received one message and replied to that message, so if I click on it, it has a tabbed sort of view for our "conversation" where I can view the original message and my reply quickly. I guess it might come in handy and I might like it later but I'm not used to it really and don't care much for it.

Todd W
09-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah they are just like folders. Just make a new label, assign an email to one of the labels and then click "archive" and then the ones you've given labels, will go under those labels and not in the inbox. So it's like folders. You can then filter messages to go to labels automatically from there I think.

Thanks, but that feature if for something different than I'm talking about. That if I make it the standard without chat, it just removes the chat box on the left navigation menu (the one where you can chat with other gmail members when they are online). I'm just talking about how the messages are in the inbox when you've either got two emails from the same person, or have one email received and then you've replied. Instead of having one email in the inbox and one in the sent folder, I've got one link in my inbox that says it's from "Persons Name, Me (2)" signifiying that I received one message and replied to that message, so if I click on it, it has a tabbed sort of view for our "conversation" where I can view the original message and my reply quickly. I guess it might come in handy and I might like it later but I'm not used to it really and don't care much for it.

Interesting! Mine were all staying in the inbox I bet I wasn't hitting archive!

Thnx!

Blue Cat Buxton
09-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Darn but youre right! Im sure there used to be a way to do it, but I cant find it now.

deronsizemore
09-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Darn but youre right! Im sure there used to be a way to do it, but I cant find it now.

Yeah, I thought I had done it before with an older gmail account, but now can't seem to figure it out.