PDA

View Full Version : home link

Percept
05-28-2003, 03:00 AM
It's not really that important but I'm used to clicking the logo ( usually in the top left corner ) to return to the homepage.
Any chance you could link the logo to the homepage Chris besides the allready existing home-button ?

Chris
05-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Not at this time no.

There are SEO reasons behind the current linking scheme, I don't want to toy with it just yet.

Percept
05-28-2003, 07:56 AM
Ok np.

emke
05-29-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Chris
There are SEO reasons behind the current linking scheme, I don't want to toy with it just yet.

May I ask what the reasons behind this are? I would think having two buttons for getting to index are better (two alt descriptions) or am I missing something?

Chris
05-29-2003, 09:02 AM
For the time being I only want 1 homepage link, that is a text link on the menu. The Home tab up at the top is not a true link.

emke
05-30-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Chris
For the time being I only want 1 homepage link, that is a text link on the menu. The Home tab up at the top is not a true link.

But why is it better to have one link than two or three links?

Chris
05-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Cause that way I can control the text of the home link. Alt attributes aren't the same as a good text link. Right now the text link just says "Home" but that may change in the future.

incka
08-23-2003, 05:37 AM
I don't like logos being links to the homepage... Not sure why, it just doesn't seem professional. Chris' way of the tab is good. Don't change it...

Percept
08-23-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by incka
I don't like logos being links to the homepage... Not sure why, it just doesn't seem professional. Chris' way of the tab is good. Don't change it...

You may not like it :) but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of people use it since most websites do link it back to the indexpage.
It's a usuabillity thingy.

incka
08-24-2003, 11:19 AM
Its easier when the Home link is at the top of the menu (or if horizontal - on the left) like mine and chris'.