PDA

View Full Version : Online stock brokerage recommendation?

Westech
09-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Who do you guys recommend for an online brokerage? Any pros or cons to point out for any of the major players?

Also, can anyone recommend a good discussion forum on investing?

Chris
09-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I use Ameritrade, but I don't use any special features, just buying and selling.

Westech
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Chris. I'll check out Ameritrade. Anything you particularly like or dislike about them? How's the interface?

I don't need anything too out of the ordinary. I really just want something with a clean and easy to use interface. Reasonably priced limit and stop orders would be nice, along with the ability to buy out-of-network mutual funds without a huge fee.

Chris
09-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Its fine for my needs, I only use it a couple times a year when I make a trade. I'm not a very active investor.

demosfen
09-22-2006, 08:00 AM
I use Scottrade, no problems so far and I am pretty sure their fees are the lowest in the industry. I wouldn't recommend getting into stocks now though, the market is due for a correction

Westech
09-22-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, Demosfen.

I wouldn't recommend getting into stocks now though, the market is due for a correction

Understood. I want to have my new account all set up and ready to pounce after the correction. :D