PDA

View Full Version : What a bunch of BS

deronsizemore
09-02-2006, 02:30 PM
I signed up for a gmail account a while back and then signed up for a Google Account with my exsisting Yahoo! email address (for what reason, don't know why I did it, don't ask :) ) Anyway, I've now decided that instead of having a Google Account to keep track of Adsense, Adwords, Analytics, etc... with a yahoo email, I just want to do everything with a Gmail account (my exsisting one). So I find out from google support that it's not possible to change an exsisting Google Account email to an exsisting gmail email address. Why kind of crap is that, that Google wont let you change your email address to a Gmail account if you've already signed up for A Google Account with an email differing from your gmail? I can change my email from Yahoo to hotmail, or any other email address, just not a Gmail account. Am I a complete moron to not see why this would be their policy? Someone inlighten me. It doesn't seem like a big damn deal to me.

Chris
09-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Thats funny. Truly. For all the smart things Google does....

Todd W
09-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Weird, my adwords is my gmail account now... in fact they encouraged that merge.

deronsizemore
09-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Yeah, more than weird...plain dumb. Here is the email I recieved from them:

Hi Deron,

Thank you for your note. Once you've completed the Gmail account creation
process, it's not possible to merge it with an existing Google Account.
However, if you receive an invitation to a new Gmail account, you can add
Gmail service to your existing non-Gmail Google Account by clicking the
option on the Gmail account creation page that says "If you already have a
Google Account, you can sign in here."

I don't want to create a new gmail account and then add the gmail service to my exsisting google account, that would require a new email address. I just don't understand why a google service wouldn't let you change your google account email to an exsisting gmail account.