PDA

View Full Version : My Newest Project (You Benefit).

Shawn
08-28-2006, 12:32 PM
I haven't released any of my new projects for people to see for a very long time -- ever since I started the mesothelioma (http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=673&highlight=mesothelioma) craze. But, since it benefits everybody here, I'd like to announce it:

http://www.LinkGrowth.com

I'd like to know what everybody thinks. Design, concept, etc.

Behind the site
I'm so incredibly frustrated with the current "text link" industry. If you post a thread looking for links in any forum, you're bombarded by 300 PMs with links that aren't what you asked for: sites that are off topic, spam, two-day old sites, on a free blog, etc.

Then if you find a site you like, you have to haggle with their price since they want to charge $800 a year for a simple text link. Agree on a price, then argue about how you want to use PayPal but they're not allowed to in their country or they don't trust PayPal and want to use Payment123 processor.

I could rant forever, but anyways, that's the reasoning behind the site. I'm open to any comments, questions, or suggestions.

chromate
08-29-2006, 01:31 AM
Wow, just noticed that mesothelioma stuff was at the end of 2003! :o

I think the site is pretty good. It all depends on the quality of site you can get the link on I suppose.

Little confused though... It says quality links for "less than $4 a month" but in all the other text it says $79/year ? Also, there's nothing to stop webmasters approaching the sites themselves after you send them the list of URLs, and cutting you out as the middle-man in the process.

Chris
08-29-2006, 05:22 AM
Personally I'm more interested in having someone go out and do free link popularity building for me... I mean in that I pay them for their time, but they're just out looking for normal links.

Shawn
08-29-2006, 05:54 AM
I've received 7 orders (leads) thus far -- people excited about the service, yet not sure about the $79/yearly upfront.

Chris, check your PM.

chromate
08-29-2006, 07:36 AM
I still don't get it... Is it less than $4/month per site or is it $79/year per site?

Shawn
08-29-2006, 08:07 AM
I've been discussing this with Chris. On the site, it details that you get two links per article from a site for a year.

This works out to less than $4/month.

Chromate, check your PM.

chromate
08-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Ah right, I missed the bit about getting 2 links per site.

Masetek
08-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I just filled out the form for a new site of mine...Im curious to see what you come up with :)

CDavid
10-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Interesting service. I'll bookmark your site, and will request a quote next time I am working on a SEM project.

As long as can prove the relevance and quality of directories, I'm sure a lot of people will be interested.

Nice work!

Todd W
10-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Nice web 2.0 look ;)

Interesting service I may have to give it a shot.

srjcstud
03-17-2007, 10:46 AM
The site looks great!

Emancipator
03-17-2007, 08:17 PM
anyone tried the service and got some feedback?

Shawn
03-17-2007, 08:39 PM
I sold this a while ago.

Emancipator
03-18-2007, 08:53 AM
well i assume the service is still available since the site is up still. Anyone used it and have feedback?