PDA

View Full Version : GMAIL Question

izwar
08-25-2006, 09:48 PM
I dont know if this is possible but is their any way to link up my web email of for example info@hotclubber.com to my personal gmail account so all email that goes to the hotclubber webmail will go directly to my gmail account, also is their a way so i can send email from my gmail and it will send out as if it came from hotclubber.com email.

i ask this because sometimes my host email is very unreliable and i miss a lot of important emails, so mabie this would help and i love the overall gmail interface and would love to do this.

Johnny Gulag
08-25-2006, 09:52 PM
Hello

Yes, log into your account and in the top right corner click "settings", then click the "accounts" tab, then below that click "Add another email address" and there are more options you can set after you confirm the email address you entered.

Hope it helps. :)

izwar
08-26-2006, 05:19 PM
great im almost there thats cool thanks, but now i want it so that messages sent to jared@hotclubber.com will actually be delivered to my gmail account so i dont have to use my webmail host anymore for anything email related is this possible?

deronsizemore
08-26-2006, 08:21 PM
You have to log into your cpanel and then go to you mail options and just forward all mail to jared(at)hotclubber.com to your gmail account. I'll tell you though, I wanted to do this very same thing a few weeks ago with my gmail account and although it is all possible, when you send someone an email from gmail, as if it came from hot clubber, in the persons "from" box that you send the email to, it still tells the person that the email came from gmail. It would read something like "FROM: Jared(at)hotclubber.com sent from yourname@gmail.com." No way to get rid of it.

Erin
08-27-2006, 09:20 AM
You could also try signing up for the beta of Gmail hosted:

https://www.google.com/hosted/

It's got a function that will allow you to designate the return email address.

I don't think you can do this with regular Gmail, so I don't know of a way to do what you want. But if it's the Gmail experience you're after, this works well.

izwar
08-27-2006, 10:49 AM
You have to log into your cpanel and then go to you mail options and just forward all mail to jared(at)hotclubber.com to your gmail account. I'll tell you though, I wanted to do this very same thing a few weeks ago with my gmail account and although it is all possible, when you send someone an email from gmail, as if it came from hot clubber, in the persons "from" box that you send the email to, it still tells the person that the email came from gmail. It would read something like "FROM: Jared(at)hotclubber.com sent from yourname@gmail.com." No way to get rid of it.

strange but when i send the email from the gmail which i made default to hotclubber mail and put reply to email as hotclubber as well it shows sent from jared @ hotclubber i cant see the gmail anywhere so its working great for me, but how can i see where it is showing gmail sent it?

Johnny Gulag
08-27-2006, 03:26 PM
strange but when i send the email from the gmail which i made default to hotclubber mail and put reply to email as hotclubber as well it shows sent from jared @ hotclubber i cant see the gmail anywhere so its working great for me, but how can i see where it is showing gmail sent it? In the email there is a text link that says 'more options" in the top right (by the time and date).

After you open that there are a series of small text links along the bottom of the newely expanded area. If you click "show original" it will display the gmail address you are using.

izwar
08-27-2006, 05:42 PM
got it, dam then i guess i gotta wait till that hosting gmail thing comes outta beta or prety they accept me. I think ill still use it regardless in the meantime its not really a big deal i guess, i gotta see.

deronsizemore
08-28-2006, 08:18 AM
got it, dam then i guess i gotta wait till that hosting gmail thing comes outta beta or prety they accept me. I think ill still use it regardless in the meantime its not really a big deal i guess, i gotta see.

Yeah it depends on what email application the person that recieves the email is using also. I tried it in 3 or 4 different email programs and it shows the gmail in all of them. It probably wouldn't be a big deal, but for me, I didn't want to email someone from what should look like "support@mysite.com" and then have them be able to see my real gmail account and spam it or whatever.

izwar
08-28-2006, 03:02 PM
how long til you think that google hosted thing will be ready?

Erin
08-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Google hosted is in beta. I didn't have any trouble getting in. Did you apply already?

izwar
09-01-2006, 01:10 PM
yea im in, its instant now to get in. its amazing

Erin
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, it is cool as heck. I love being able to keep all my mail in a central place. I think they're calling it Google Apps now.