PDA

View Full Version : should i continue

izwar
08-21-2006, 10:02 AM
As you may know my site is a nightlife community website, i have gotten 1500 members in 2 months and i was planning major system upgrades and a great redesign in september but now i read this

http://www.clubplanet.com/news/archive/a_sneak_peek_at_the_new_clubplanet.asp

whihc if you knw clubplanet is the worlds largest nightlife website and now that their implementing new ssytems for social networking i think im going to screwed. Should i continue promoting hard and keep with site , what are your opinions.

deronsizemore
08-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Sure, I would. I mean if that's really your only competition? There's enough room for two in the game, or even three or four. I mean you've got facebook, myspace, friendster, and so on and they all do fine. I'd go with it.

Chris
08-21-2006, 12:25 PM
There is a ton of money to be made in 2nd place. Keep going.

izwar
08-21-2006, 12:28 PM
thanks for the input i shall keep at it.:D :D

shim
09-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Continue?

Sure you should. You'll be amazed how over the years some of your competition will just drop off the face of the earth (for various reasons).

Nice site, BTW.

Besides, you are in Miami. How could you NOT continue your clubbing site? That's like like living in Detroit and not continuing an R&B music site ;)

izwar
09-03-2006, 09:34 AM
thanks shim, ima keep it at.

Kyle
09-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Ya don't lose motivation. It's so easy for us webmasters to over analyze our projects, finding faults that make us feel that continuing the site is a waste of time.

Definitely stick with your site.

izwar
09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
to add to things i got banned from adsense motnhs ago for "invalid clicks" which was B.S so it makes my life jus that much harder cuz adbrite jus doesnt do much.

Kyle
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
izwar - If you can afford it, don't worry about money until you are quite large and have a huge member base. It would be easier to get local clubs to advertise when you are a farily large community. Perhaps then you could contact major clubs in certain cities to do geo advertising. All the members from Miami will see Miami club ads.

Cutter
09-07-2006, 05:42 PM
I'll add my two cents even though this is an older thread.

What I see with community and social networking sites is geographic leaders. While Myspace may be #1 in the US, Orkut dominates Brazil. When you are dealing with an audience of millions, there is always room for someone else.

izwar
09-09-2006, 12:21 AM
great advice cutter, ill def post a link up when my relaunch is ready with new homepage and what not.

HomerJSimpson
09-11-2006, 05:50 AM
As you may know my site is a nightlife community website, i have gotten 1500 members in 2 months and i was planning major system upgrades and a great redesign in september but now i read this

http://www.clubplanet.com/news/archive/a_sneak_peek_at_the_new_clubplanet.asp

whihc if you knw clubplanet is the worlds largest nightlife website and now that their implementing new ssytems for social networking i think im going to screwed. Should i continue promoting hard and keep with site , what are your opinions.

Hello

When i click on your site Hotclubber.com, and i know what script you are using...my advise to you is if you plan to do major work on your website you should get a new script that script isn't good enough :)

The script you are using it's very easy to hack...if you go to google.com SCRIPTNAMEHERE+HACK is everywhere :)

sorry for my 1 cent post

good luck to you