PDA

View Full Version : My Games Site

Dan
05-25-2003, 05:30 PM
Hi,

This is my first post, the whole site looks great BTW Aspen.

My games site is here www.GamePlayOnline.com (http://www.GamePlayOnline.com)

Problem is I currently have a ranking of 17 in yahoo for the terms 'shooting games'. But some days it slips to 20 or 19 and back to 17.

How can I improve my search engine ranking to get a higher position for 'shooting games' and make it stay there ?

Thanks in advance,

-Dan

Mike
05-26-2003, 02:21 AM
Nice site and domain Dan!

What I'd do would be to put a little introduction above the shooting and fun games tables, and mention shooting games as many times as possible. This is one of the things that Chris mentions a lot in all his SEO articles.

Also, I see you have partner links to the left of your page. These do work to bring extra hits in, but you could consider doing text links with your link saying 'Best Shooting Games On The Net'.

Thats all I can think of!

Dan
05-26-2003, 02:29 AM
Thanks Mike,

An introduction is a pretty good idea,

If you look at the main page and highlight the top half there are some keywords in white text that can't normally be seen, I was hopeing these would help but haven't seemed to do much, These are pretty much the same as an intro.

Mike
05-26-2003, 02:34 AM
I have just seen them Dan, and if I was you I'd get rid of them ASAP.

Search Engines do not like it and will ban you if they see them.

And I doubt if they will make much difference as if you want to get a higher ranking in shooting games, then you will need to mention it more than once in an introduction.

Dan
05-26-2003, 02:43 AM
Geez, I didn't know they weren't allowed,

I'll get rid of them ASAP

Mike
05-26-2003, 02:47 AM
Just one question Dan...

Where you have top three games for each category, have you done that in PHP? Just out of interest...

Dan
05-26-2003, 04:13 AM
The main page is a series of PHP includes,

The header and footer are php includes in a php document, but the actual top games are just html.

Hope that makes sense.

Chris
05-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Google has been very odd the last couple weeks. Since Google powers Yahoo that likely explains your ranking fluctuations.

Dan
05-26-2003, 05:42 PM
I see,

Any Ideas how I could improve my ranking ?

Chris
05-26-2003, 08:34 PM
http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16

incka
09-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey! I piece of competition.