PDA

View Full Version : How should I name articles in my site for SEO?

deronsizemore
08-17-2006, 06:09 AM
When I start writing articles in my site, how should I name them for SEO purposes? should it be something like www.mysite.com/this-article-is-great, or www.mysite.com/thisarticleisgreat, or www.mysite.com/this_article_is_great?

Or any other variation, or does it even matter?

Chris
08-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Use hyphens, but to keep hyphens down do not use the full article title, only the most important 2 or 3 words.

so "article-great" instead of "this-article-is-great"

deronsizemore
08-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Hmmm...I'm not exactly sure I know how to do it or if that's possible with textpattern CMS. Because it pulls the "this-article-is-great" from the title of your article. So it might look weird having "article-great" as a title of a post on the site, you know what I mean?

Johnny Gulag
08-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Hello

I am not sure about TXP as I have never tested it, but WP allows for the changing of the post slug, maybe TXP does as well?

deronsizemore
08-17-2006, 09:16 AM
hmmm, don't know. I'll have to check around at the TXP forums or ask a question there for it. I'm sure it can, but I'm still learning the ins and outs of TXP, so there are LOTS I don't know.

deronsizemore
08-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Another question, along the same lines as my first question is the different pages of my site. Like examle with my golf site being www.kentuckygolfing.com/holeinoneclub or www.kentuckygolfing.com/hole-in-one-club the right way? I assume the latter with the dashes since that was the correct way for articles, but just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Chris
08-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Yes.