PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a store

izwar
08-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Hello, i was just wondering how you all who have ecommerce stores start up, do you just research what prodcuts you can get at cheapest prices and model a store around that, or did you have some connection that allowed you to profit from selling. I was just wondering as i have been around a lot more ecommerce recently and i want to start my own store but just dont know of what, or the steps to do it, the draw backs what needs to be done to be successfull etc etc.. any one can offer some help?

Chris
08-17-2006, 05:53 AM
The easiest thing is to pick a topic in which you have knowledge & possibly already a content site. So you can cross promote the ecommerce site with the content site.

izwar
08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
thanks ill look into it.

guruwebllc
12-13-2006, 11:01 AM
yeah build a couple sites surrounding the subject like directories.. then you be able to transfer traffic

Cloughie
12-17-2006, 12:22 PM
take a look at www.wannabebig.com and www.wannabebigforums.com and then the ecommerce website www.atlargenutrition.com for an example of what Chris suggested.

I would also suggest focus on making a GOOD content site and then add in the commerce site around it.