PDA

View Full Version : my adsense placement..help!!

egcinemas
08-14-2006, 10:44 PM
I made my First website. I decided to put google adsense on it! I was wondering if you would tell me about the placement of my adsense. Is it good or bad or what...I need comments!! www.needinformation.net

agua
08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm no expert - but I don't think you could go far wrong if you follow the advice in Chris article "A Publisher's Guide to Contextual PPC Ad Optimization" (http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/contextual-optimization/)

KelliShaver
08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
To be honest, at first glance, I wouldn't be able to tell where anything on that site was, much less the ads.

Emancipator
08-15-2006, 04:23 PM
im with Kelli. I would never re-visit your site the way it is laid out now. Get the emphasis on your content more and not the spammy ads all over the page. To me when i look at your page I want to see informed articles with ads discreetly interlaced. Not ads everywhere with content very discreetly interlaced. Hope this helps.

James
08-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I actually didn't even let it load. The organization is very odd, and the ads make it look excessively spammy.

Some people find removing an ad in AdSense can increase their earnings five-fold. This seems like it may be one of those cases.

Masetek
08-22-2006, 01:30 AM
James..back from the dead...lol

If I were you, I'd scrap that wide skyscraper and put 468 banners within your content.

And, you really need to fix this layout and add more color :) Check it out in firefox

Masetek
08-22-2006, 02:00 AM
---double post---

AmbulanceBlues
08-22-2006, 02:23 AM
The navigation on the left is counterintuitive, to say the least. Those white circles should go. And the adsense being where it is, in between the navigation and the content, doesn't help.