PDA

View Full Version : How do you style your site links?

deronsizemore
08-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Do you like to leave them underlined, not underlined, not underlined but with an underlined hover affect, etc, etc.

I personally like the no underline, with an underline hover effect, but didn't know if this was a way to confuse more non techy users? I'm sure alot of people relate links to being underlined, so if I don't underline them from the start, maybe they don't click on some areas of the site that would be of interest to them, and/or make me money?

What do you all think?

Chris
08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
I think so long as they are a different color from the other text people will know it is a link.

However I've taken to using underlines again, after not doing so for years, because Adsense ads use underlines.

Johnny Gulag
08-12-2006, 02:27 PM
I generally have no underline by default and set it to appear on hover.

KelliShaver
08-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Depends on the site. If it's a content site, I generally leave links underlined. I do think they stand otu as links a little better that way, and it integrates better with whatever text ad I happen to have on there.

If it's a portfolio or show piece, something where the visual impact of the site is more important than the ad CTR, then I might not underline.

agua
08-12-2006, 07:02 PM
As everyone has said - it just depends on the design - but so long as they stand out - you should be OK.

deronsizemore
08-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Thanks everyone