PDA

View Full Version : Back to basics

izwar
08-06-2006, 06:49 PM
ive always had jus a very rudimentary understanding of SEO, for one of my dads sites someone jus gave me a crash course, he put a string of related words on the bottom of each page and told me to exchange as many links with related sites as possible, which eventually led to me link farming it with automated link exchanges yes i know there bad. anyways but i still dont understand teh Very core of SEO ima be doin a new site soon and i would like to have this down pact.

What determines what words you show up for, lets say i want to show up for tennis, begginners tennis, playing tennis in the search engines would i have to put those in the title tag, or use them through out the site, i dont understand this concept yet, how do u rank with teh desired words you want. My new site isnt gonna be much content rather more pictures and interactivity another community site we can say so im not gonna have paragraphs of content.

Can someone please clarify the above for me,
also i know that link building with very close related sites manually is extremely important, anything else or is it just time when google picks you up and you start ranking well i do not know. Also submitting to lots of directories good?

whats the best resource for SEO.

Blue Cat Buxton
08-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Read, (and re read) these articles http://www.websitepublisher.net/website_promotion/search_engine_optimization/

izwar
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
im going to now thanks.