PDA

View Full Version : layer help

k0r54
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Hi,

Please look at the site below (it is only a template at moment so please forgive the redness.lol

http://www.geocities.com/k0r54/

ok a couple of things,

firstly, i have put in preload scripts for the buttons but for some reason, the mouse overs are taking a very long time to load the frist time.

and secondly

i have used a table to create a button along the right hand side, first thing is how can i create this effect without a table as i can have no content in it. i have tried layers but have major problem with screen rez and browser compatibility. and second is on my local hard drive when i click on the top buttons, the side image replaces itself with a image i tell it to on the net this dont work y could this be.

please help your self to the source code to perhaps help

thanks

adz

GCT13
12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
The mouseover images are loading fast for me.

I'm not sure what you're asking on your second question, but you do have a stray unclosed <td> tag on line 80-

<td height="24">

k0r54
12-03-2003, 02:34 PM
ok thanks for that i have rectified it.

Ok but the problem still persists, ok right the problem is,

there is a line that comes down from the site map button, when a button is click the relevent image should load into it, but no images load, the funny thing is this works when i load it locally on my pc from dreamweaver

chromate
12-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Ahhhh there's your problem... You're using dreamweaver! ;) Seriously, you're making this pretty complicated for yourself.

I don't have time at the moment to look into your problem (sorry), but I would really try and simplify your site instead of trying to solve your current problem. Remember: Simple is beautiful. Simple is easy to use. Simple is good for search engines. etc etc

k0r54
12-03-2003, 05:20 PM
ok how am i making it complicated, i cant really c wat i am doin as complicated?
wat is there that is complicated about it?

and when you say dreamweaver is my problem wat exacly do you mean

thanks again

adz

GCT13
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Double-check all your local images are uploaded to the remote server.

This is a long shot, but maybe the Geocities advertisement area is killing your drop-downs.

Past that, I agree with Chromate, don't waste too much energy with this problem, go with a more simplified approach if it's taking too much time.

k0r54
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
ok

thanks for all your help