PDA

View Full Version : Forum contest promoting?

ASP-Hosting.ca
08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I'm planning to offer posting contest with prizes on one of my forums and I'm looking for ideas how to promote the contest effectively.

If you have done this or you have ideas how to promote such a contest, please share it here.

Thanks,

Peter

Chris
08-04-2006, 11:39 AM
I think it is important to have both posts & referring contests, this will encourage people to go out and get new users signing up.

Emancipator
08-04-2006, 09:13 PM
With your contests be aware that you will get people posting/referring from outside the USA and Canada, so you may want to cover that hurdle and make sure you can get your prizing anywhere. or limit the contest.

I run a ton of contests, about 20 a month, and its something I am always aware of. I just recently started running a "buddy contest". http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9572.html which is doing well.

I would like to hear what others think are good contest concepts to grow your audience. I run enough contests I will try them all and let you all know how they work out.

ASP-Hosting.ca
08-08-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the idea Chris.

Emancipator,

My contest will be limited to Canada only. Have you covered the legal side of running contest with prizes (at least for Canada)? I mean complying with federal and provincial laws and with the Competition Act?

Thanks again,

Peter