PDA

View Full Version : I guess google doesn't care much if you violate their TOS?

deronsizemore
08-03-2006, 12:54 PM
I was reading the TOS for adsense and I just got accepted with them, and it says for copyright reasons, you cannot display adsense on sites with MP3, Video, etc...and you also cannot display adsense with any other contextual ads that might be considered a competitor of google.

www.break.com

they have pictures and video, and adbrite contextual ads. (although it looks like the adbrite ads are gone right now...they were there earlier right above adsense.)

Break probably brings in a lot of money to Google...so I figure google overlooks it. Funny how stuff like that works. If you're the little guy breaking rules trying to get a little extra cash it's a NO NO! If you're a big guy breaking the rules...Oh well, let it slide.

Mike
08-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Google could have done a special deal with them, like they do with their "premium" members...

Cutter
08-03-2006, 02:23 PM
What I've heard is that its easier to get kicked out of the premium program for TOS violations that getting kicked out of adsense altogether. Youtube also used to use Adsense, and obviously they were sending Google plenty of traffic.

Shabaan
08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
I read the TOS and never saw it say you cant have MP3 or Video, but thanks for letting me know. Now i know why i wasnt accepted for the program.

deronsizemore
08-07-2006, 06:17 AM
https://www.google.com/adsense/policies

Here is the link. It's under the "copyrighted material" section. Yeah I hear people all the time saying they don't get accepted. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I applied and the next morning had a response that I was accepted.

Shabaan
08-07-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah man your lucky, i wish i could do that.

DorianJ
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
If you're the little guy breaking rules trying to get a little extra cash it's a NO NO! If you're a big guy breaking the rules...Oh well, let it slide.

It's the same thing for ebay. PowerSellers get away with murder while the rest of us are punished for every violation. I got so fed up with ebay's "Trust and Safety" department (yeah right!) not doing ANYTHING to stop my competitors' unfair practices that I finally closed my ebay store.

jaybird691
08-10-2006, 08:56 PM
What if the MP3's are created by the webmaster of the site as part of the site, in other words, a podcast? Are ads allowed to be placed on these pages or is it still against the TOS? Thanks