PDA

View Full Version : NON-US Merchant accounts ?

WEBDOMAIN.com
08-02-2006, 07:55 AM
After auditing the European offers (for France and Austria), I found several providers (AtosOrigin for France and Mpay24 for Austria). Anyway, these providers cost more than any US third party providers (average of 10% per transaction + €0.5).

I was wondering:

Would it be better to open an US bank account to be able to get a US merchant account? If yes, how? Who should we contact? Is this legal?
Would it be better to continue with third party payment gateways and wait the opportunity, in a near future, to switch to a better EU offer (as soon as it will be available) ?
Is there any other EU alternatives I am not aware of?

This question is, I guess, a redundant question to all NON-US businesses. Some countries may offer interresting alternatives to their customers but here, in EU, it seems there is still a lack of offers.
Maybe I wasn't able to find the good providers and some members here already found the beauty pearl.

Please share your lucky finds. :D

number7
10-24-2006, 06:50 AM
You may try netherlands based payment solution provider "Multicards"
Discount rate: 4.95 %
Transaction Fee: $ 0.45

daisygrl
07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
You may try netherlands based payment solution provider "Multicards"
Discount rate: 4.95 %
Transaction Fee: $ 0.45

I may try it out for my new website since I need a merchant processor (http://www.cardservicesales.com/) to process the payments. Are you sure the rate is still that low?