PDA

View Full Version : ExpressionEngine CMS

deronsizemore
08-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Don't know if anyone has seen this CMS or not, but I came across it from another forum discussion and it looks great for only $99.00.

www.pmachine.com

shim
09-02-2006, 01:47 PM
I used pMachine Pro (approximately 50USD) for a few years. They stopped producing it ( http://www.pmachine.com/forums/viewthread/17496/ ) and came out with with Expression Engine. I continued to use pMachine Pro until I grew out of it. The ONLY reason I did not switch to Expression Engine is because by that time, I'd decided to run several sites and wanted to do it as low cost as possible.

Anyway, the guy that developed pMachine/Expression Engine is Rick Ellis. The people on the message board at pMachine.com are extremely helpful, especially Chris Curtis and Rick himself to name a few. At the time I don't even think that Chris was employed by pMachine. His aid to me, personally, was INVALUABLE.

To answer your question, based on my experience with the products and people over at pMachine, you can not go wrong with Expression Engine.

If I am not mistaken, you can get the EE Core for free!

Johnny Gulag
09-03-2006, 08:44 AM
If I am not mistaken, you can get the EE Core for free! Hello

Yes they do offer a free version for people to try it out for personal, non commercial use. I dloaded it the other day and am going to give it a try.