PDA

View Full Version : Adsense placement and my site

deronsizemore
08-01-2006, 03:47 PM
www.kentuckygolfing.com

I'm wondering where the best adsense placements would be for my site? It seems most of the places that I think might be a good spot, adsense's code width would be to big to fit, lol. The only place I know I do not want adsense is the space below "recent posts", because I'm planning on setting up an account with amazon to display relevant books for golf in that space.

I know the font size is kinda big right now...still working on that.

Thanks!

Chris
08-01-2006, 05:05 PM
As I say in my newest article, optimally you'll design your site to create good placements.

With your current design I'd try a 468 under your logo, a 728 right in the middle (above recent pictures/quicktips/forumtopics)

Whats up with the recent posts? Seems redundant with the actual posts right there.

deronsizemore
08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
As I say in my newest article, optimally you'll design your site to create good placements.

With your current design I'd try a 468 under your logo, a 728 right in the middle (above recent pictures/quicktips/forumtopics)

Whats up with the recent posts? Seems redundant with the actual posts right there.

I always thought it was best to design the site and then place adsense accordingly, rather than design your site for good ad placements. I'll go read your article pronto!

Yeah I thought about a 468 under the logo, but it wont fit in that "left-content" section of the site. That section is only 440px in width. I did think about putting the 728 in the middle, but wasn't sure.

Yeah, the recent posts are redundant because the site is still in development. The design is there, but all the content to this point is just filler content. Those "recent posts" are the only two posts I have to this point, and they are not even real posts, as they are filled with Lorem ipsum.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Emancipator
08-01-2006, 08:00 PM
i would drop a google ad right below recent posts. It will blend in and i betcha convert well.

deronsizemore
08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
i would drop a google ad right below recent posts. It will blend in and i betcha convert well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought about that as well, but then also though of using that space for some kind of golf affiliate, such as amazon for some different books on golf, or really anything pertaining to golf. I guess it all comes down to trial and error anyway to see what works and what doesn't.

KelliShaver
08-01-2006, 09:12 PM
I think google or the like would probably pay better than an amazon affiliate, which, from my understanding/limited experience pretty much pays crap.

deronsizemore
08-02-2006, 05:35 AM
I think google or the like would probably pay better than an amazon affiliate, which, from my understanding/limited experience pretty much pays crap.

Ah, nice to know! Maybe I'll try google first and see what happens.

Chris
08-02-2006, 05:48 AM
I always thought it was best to design the site and then place adsense accordingly, rather than design your site for good ad placements. I'll go read your article pronto!

You basically want to make sure you have room though. Ideally, for blending, you'll make content or menu sections 468, 728, 336. 250 wide, depending on which type of ad you're using. That way the ad fits exactly into the content area, which enhances blending and I think makes it look more professional.

Shabaan
08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
To me, i'd say the best place to put the ads would be at the top of the page. No one would be able to miss them.

deronsizemore
08-07-2006, 05:42 AM
You basically want to make sure you have room though. Ideally, for blending, you'll make content or menu sections 468, 728, 336. 250 wide, depending on which type of ad you're using. That way the ad fits exactly into the content area, which enhances blending and I think makes it look more professional.

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the suggestions.