PDA

View Full Version : I get no respect from Yahoo yet Google & MSN have loved me for years

KLB
07-21-2006, 08:55 AM
In one of those great questions of life, I have never been able to figure out why Yahoo has no respect for my site http://EnvironmentalChemistry.com, while Google and MSN practically fall over themselves to give me top billing for searches pages on this site are relevant to.

For example if one does a search for "environmental chemistry" (with or without quotes), I show up #1 in both Google and MSN, yet I'm no where to be found in Yahoo. There are countless examples of searches like this.

This isn't like my site is some new MFA site, I even have Yahoo directory listings to some of my pages that date as far back as the 1990's. At one time I was treated well by Yahoo, but over time I seem to have fallen out of their graces.

My question is, why doesn't Yahoo like me? Can anyone see any glaring details that I need to change?

Chris
07-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Could it be the WWW redirect? Maybe Yahoo has a harder time swallowing those.

KLB
07-21-2006, 09:03 AM
Could it be the WWW redirect? Maybe Yahoo has a harder time swallowing those.
That would be really stupid on Yahoo's part. They are proper 301 redirects and Yahoo does index my site via the sans-WWW domain properly (although not as deeply as Google). Maybe they just aren't flowing the backlinks to the WWW version of my site properly to the sans-www version. I'm not going to screw with that detail, however, as I don't want the WWW version of my site indexed or promoted.

Chris
07-21-2006, 09:40 AM
I assume your directory listings are all sans www?

KLB
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Yes the directory links point to sans-www. The odd thing is the Yahoo really didn't pick up on the most important sections of my site to add to their directory.

KLB
07-21-2006, 10:59 AM
If this is further help, I have 24 entries in Yahoo's directory, all link to the sans-www version of my site. You would think that a site with that many entries in their directory would get better respect.