PDA

View Full Version : Last Few Months

AndyH
07-17-2006, 05:41 AM
How has the last few months been for everyone whether you look at income and/or stats?

I have heard this month has been slow for quite a few, summer holidays in the US and all; for me income and stats keep going up month after month which is great.

Chris
07-17-2006, 05:47 AM
Down with typical summer lows, but I've made some nice per pageview optimizations so I'm hoping that, come fall, I'll hit a few personal records.

AndyH
07-17-2006, 05:58 AM
AdSense, Amazon, CJ/BeFree or "other" your main one these days?

Chris
07-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Per month I make the most from Adsense.

Masetek
07-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Rev + traffic is rising every month, a little slower than I would have wanted, but rising none the less

Cutter
07-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Last 5 months, my best ever; July things have really slowed down, but since yesterday it appears they are picking back up. I have several new big projects I am working hard on right now which should double to triple my income by the end of the year.

agua
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
Design work has gone metal these last few months - so my publishing empire has been on hold.

I really need to get going on the publishing side of things because design work is very fickle in my neck of the woods.

Cutter
07-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Crank up your prices if you are getting too much work, you'll spend less time on it and make more money (if you price it correctly)

agua
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Good advice Cutter - I'll do it this weekend :D

Todd W
07-18-2006, 05:10 PM
First 3 or 4 months of the year better than ever dropped downa lot now expecting pickup back in Fall.

KLB
07-18-2006, 08:41 PM
My traffic is down as it is every summer, although this summer it has been down a little more than last summer. My CTR and eCPM, however, are at record highs, so overall, my revenues are up over last year at this time.

I've been tweaking the snot out of my site this summer. I started by optimizing my AdSense placement. I then started removing non-performing banner ads. These two changes really improved my overall ad revenues.

Over this past weekend I migrated from validating to HTML4.01 transitional to HTML4.01 Strict. I also worked on optimizing both my HTML and CSS to get rid of bloat and excess code that always seems to build up over time. I also started gziping my HTML and CSS files to speed the loading.

While the while switching to HTML4.01 strict from transitional is simply a matter of pride, the other changes helped cut the download time of my pages by 1/2 to 2/3, this should greatly improve the user expierence and speed the loading of ads, which should encourage users to stick around longer, increase page views and further improve revenues. Of the optimization changes I made, gziping the HTML and CSS files made the biggest improvement to my download times.