PDA

View Full Version : What do you (or would you) do in this situation?

deronsizemore
07-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Okay, I've got a site idea that I think could be pretty big. Just happen to think of it the other day while driving back from vacation. After I got home I started searching for similar sites to see if there was already tons of people doing the same, well I found two sites doing the same thing, one of which I wouldn't even call a competitor because although a decent design, the content just wasn't there and it had hardly any members. The other, is the "big dog" if you will. After I did my searches for these types of sites online, I actually had a magazine reading it and saw an article about this site, so it's fairly well known and has some publicity already.

Anyway, I'm more of a "designer" than anything. I know html/css and am pretty good with photoshop/illustrator. Other than that, count me out. I can't program at all. This site would definitely call for some programming experience to get it up and running. I've searched hotscripts for something I could use, but even there, the ones that I might be able to use, would have to be edited to suit my needs.

I'm also not looking to spend thousands of dollars to get this site running, well really I can't afford to even spend hundreds of dollars to get it running, just don't have it to spend right now.

So....you're in my shoes, you want to get this site up and running, but what do you do? Are you just S.O.L or what's your approach to getting it going?

Cutter
07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
If you don't have the money to pay a programmer you are pretty much out of luck, unless you can find someone to do it for free.

Chris
07-13-2006, 12:04 PM
you could always look for a partner to share the costs.

deronsizemore
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
If you don't have the money to pay a programmer you are pretty much out of luck, unless you can find someone to do it for free.

Kinda what I figured...unless Chris' idea worked.

you could always look for a partner to share the costs.

Not a bad idea...