PDA

View Full Version : Merchandise? t-shirts etc

AndyH
07-11-2006, 06:59 AM
Anyone know much about it? Rough costs for getting t-shirts done?

Any companies you suggest?

Mostly for t-shirts but also mugs, mouse pads and stickers.

Chris
07-11-2006, 07:14 AM
I like Cafepress, some people harp on their quality but I've always been pleased. If you're getting them done in bulk though I'm sure there is a cheaper option.

Westech
07-11-2006, 07:40 AM
I'll second that cafepress is a great solution if you want someone to handle all of the ordering, payment, shipping, etc. for you. The problem is that they take a big cut out of your profits. If you're just doing it to help advertise something and don't care about making money on the items, it can be a great solution: http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/store

If you want to have a decent profit margin on the items you sell, I'd look elsewhere.

AndyH
07-11-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't want to go the Cafepress route.

For now I won't be buying in bulk as i'm simply trying test the water to see how it all works.

What do you think would be considered bulk?

A hundred? A few hundred? A thousand?

A member on one of my sites contacted me saying he does screen printing so I could try him but i'd like a few options.

Thanks for the responses so far :).

Chris
07-11-2006, 09:04 AM
The thing about screen printing is that it is usually just one color and each additional color drastically increases the cost.

Bleys
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
You might want to check out www.printmojo.com ... it's similar to cafepress, though focuses mostly on apparel (perhaps exclusively) and is of much higher quality since the items are screen printed (I haven't ordered from CafePress in awhile, but they used to use iron ons, or something similar, and the life of their t-shirts was not very long). You prepay for items, but they handle the ordering and distribution.

Also, www.t-shirtforums.com might have more answers. A lot of people in the t-shirt biz, at least, there. I think it is run by one of the owners of PrintMojo (don't quote me on that).

BP2000
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
I have always been happy with cafepress! :)