PDA

View Full Version : AdsMarket - Anybody heard of them?

Erin
07-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Just got this email:

Hello XXX,

This is Jay from AdsMarket.com, how are you?

We're exhibiting at the Affiliate Summit next week, Booth #308, and I was wondering if we could meet should you be
attending.

Please drop a note if you are, I'd be glad to have a short chat with you to see how we can work together to expand
both of our businesses.

If you're not attending, please let me know what's the best way for us to get in touch (phone/IM/email/etc).
In the meantime, you can sign up with us to get an inside look at our system and offers:
http://www.adsmarket.com/Affiliates/sign_up.html

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Jay

Noam J. Javits
CEOI figure it's just another start-up looking for clients, but I don't really have the time for these emails/offers.

Westech
07-05-2006, 01:43 PM
I got the same email. I would think that it was just more spam from another no-name ad network, except that the opening line said "Hello John" and my name (John) isn't anywhere in the email address they sent to. Somehow they had my name and email address together.

I wonder if some web publishing related business out there is selling our contact info.

Emancipator
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
its likely somebody left an ad agency you did work with and brought some cds full of names with em. It happens to me all the time in the entertainment biz.