PDA

View Full Version : CPM Networks - Help me make more $, please!

MaxS
07-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to CPM networks - I have always just profited from YPN/Adsense and a small bit of Fastclick aka Valueclick.

I'm trying to make more from one of my sites considering server fees/advertising fees are starting to sink in.

I recently put up a popunder ad. I hate doing it but it's not that intrusive. Is it just me or does Valueclick have some sort of setup going where the publisher gets more of a cut on their first day of displaying a certain ad? The first day I had the ad up I made about $10 more than the second and the second day made about $5 more than the third day? The problem is, the traffic hasn't changed at all. Considering it's a CPM ad, I don't see how this is possible.

In the valueclick control panel there are what, 100 different campaigns I can run as a popunder? Should I only check the top paying ones? I see one campaign with a $9.94 eCPM, which is hard to believe...

Thanks

masm50
07-01-2006, 06:18 PM
The large number of campaigns means that they should be more likly to have an ad to serve to each of your users.

If you uncheck all the lower paying campaigns you won't serve more high paying ads with them, you will just serve more default ads to your second network (I recommend Casale).

What I do with the ad networks is select every ad from my premier network that have a higher eCPM than I get as an average from my second network (say $0.50 for banners). My second network I then select only the campaigns that give a higher eCPM than my third network (say $0.30) and so on down the chain. Then I use a network like CPX Interactive or Joetec at the bottom of the chain which although don't give great eCPMs they do fill 100% of your inventory.

Tim

MaxS
07-05-2006, 08:26 AM
Thank you. I haven't applied for Casale yet but TF rejected me.

Lately, I have been logging in every day and enabling/disabling ads according to their eCPM.