PDA

View Full Version : Adsense CTRs drop throughout the day.

Chris
06-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I figure why adsense CPMs drop throughout the day, because budgets are reached etc.

However I also have noticed, for practically all my sites, that CTR drops off throughout the day.

Are the morning surfers more likely to click than the evening ones? Are adults more likely to click than children? Its summer so shouldn't the kids be on in the morning anyways? Is it an east coast/west coast thing?

What do you think?

Selkirk
06-29-2006, 05:56 PM
Alternate theory: People come in to work in the morning, get their coffee and waste time surfing.

Giles
06-30-2006, 02:48 AM
How do you see what time of the day you get your impressions?

Chris
06-30-2006, 05:05 AM
I just keep checking stats throughout the day.

Kyle
06-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Adsense has weird delays and often drastic changes in the CPC from one day to the next. I notice this with a smaller site that only get 10-20 clicks a day on a term that bids $3-$5 @ overture for the top 5 bidders.

For these smaller niches, I'm thinking of contacting these $3-$5 bidders directly offering them an exclusive ad for like $2.50/click.

KLB
06-30-2006, 06:50 AM
I also see a drop in eCPM, CTR and PPC throughout the day. I personally think that this is mostly caused by daily budgets being reached. As the higher bidding/higher quality advertisers reach their daily budget, we are left with lower bidding and lower value ads, which users are less likely to click on and have a lower PPC.

This is further exasperated by the fact that as the day wears on traffic declines because users are doing other things and go home for the day where many do not have Internet access.