PDA

View Full Version : Where im leading to

izwar
06-27-2006, 03:29 PM
I realized today that with my site im going to have to run a lot of my own advertising, as today i was approached by many individuals who own establishments that are intersted in advertising, since im relativley a new site and only get about 5,000 impressions a day how would i go about setting a cpm rate? 3 dollars? i have no idea. Also if i have one spot lets say for banners and i have 3 clients is there any free software or very very cheap software that manage banners for me, and show certain banners based on a number of impressions that i input. Having a client login im sure is asking to much and that woudl be getting into the very expensive softwares am i right?

Emancipator
06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
phpads works fine, and $3 is a reasonable cpm to charge. Its what i would charge.

Cutter
06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I would not charge by CPM, if they are coming to you then you should be able to charge a fixed monthly rate. Additionally, these are offline businesses (I'm guessing clubs?) so they probably are not thinking the whole CPM thing.

Save your premium real spots right now. I would sell three to four boxed sized image ads in the right sidebar. If more than four companies want to buy, then rotate the ads.

Chris
06-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Well considering your site is both topically and geographically targetted I would charge more, 5-$10 cpm for a top leaderboard.

But Cutter is right, a fixed monthly rate would be better, just price it out based on that CPM metric.

If they're side ads and they're boxes stacked on top of each other I think you could swing $300 a month.

izwar
06-29-2006, 05:39 PM
so basicly use the cpm rate for myself to calcuate a monthly rate which i would just tell them. Thanks a lot, yea i guess i wont be needing to rotate the ads for a while as i have about 2 or 3 spots i can use.

So if i charge a monthly rate for a banner ad that will jus be a stationary ad for teh whole entire month correct? thanks for the help appreciate it.

Chris
06-29-2006, 05:50 PM
yup, you got it.